Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Colourant Advice

• 05-08-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice please.

My friend has black hair and would like to change the colour to dark/medium brown.

She has tried a lot of different colourants from chemists but all came out too dark.

What colour should she try, Clairol, L'oreal etc any advice

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 milklady

hey there,
    ok colour won't lift out colour so its either off to the hairdressers with her or let the colour fade,try using head and shoulders to strip some out and then try a medium brown??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 thriller

Thanks Milklady for your advice on this, much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I've heard that washing your hair once a week with fairy liquid strips it lightly. I've done it a few times myself when I was trying to get rid of 2 years black and it definitely had some sort of effect. Worth a go and didn't do any damage to my hair at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

milklady wrote: »
    hey there,
    ok colour won't lift out colour so its either off to the hairdressers with her or let the colour fade,try using head and shoulders to strip some out and then try a medium brown??
    I've heard that washing your hair once a week with fairy liquid strips it lightly. I've done it a few times myself when I was trying to get rid of 2 years black and it definitely had some sort of effect. Worth a go and didn't do any damage to my hair at all.

I just bought Head and Shoulders to do that exact thing before I dye it again! How long would you need to use it or washing up liquid before you see any difference?

Advertisement