Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC at the location of their Thumbs

Options
  • 05-08-2009 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've been with Irish Boradband on Breeze 3mb for 2 years now at its recently gone up to 55e a month which is a disgrace. Now I don't want to go dwon the 48.1 contention ratio route with eircom, so I ring up UPC after it syaing I can get all of its products at my adress online. They say that I can't and that they won't give me a timescale for installation despite the fact that houses literrally 150m from me already have the lines done by Sierra who I have seen for the past 7months on my walk to the bus working in that area.

Any suggestions on what I should do, I want UPC but their literally turing away my business. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Not much you can do really until they decide your street is capable of receiving services.

I fought with them for about a year to get broadband installed. Even went as far as to borrow a mates cablemodem, plug it in and watched it successfully sync up. But this wasn't enough to convinve them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Kensington wrote: »
    Not much you can do really until they decide your street is capable of receiving services.

I fought with them for about a year to get broadband installed. Even went as far as to borrow a mates cablemodem, plug it in and watched it successfully sync up. But this wasn't enough to convinve them!
    It might sync up today but it could be an unreliable service so they won't release it for sales
    dizzywizlw where do you live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Im in D13 and going Spare :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Its quite incredible that they cannot organise themselves enough to get the site right:(

I am in Dublin 8 and again the site tells me i can get everything but a csr told me that the area is not even scheduled for cabling for at least 12 months!

Advertisement