Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Free" Unicare Film for sale on Ebay

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

The height of dickery.
    There are some people who would really appreciate a company being kind with out of date stock and would use them - as opposed to abuse them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

I don't think this is what Unicare had in mind somehow...:eek:

Totally out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Isn't the seller a boardsie? look at the sellers name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Im calling shinanigans

....SHINANIGANS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I have no problem with it. Free market bla bla bla.

Instead of handing it out free, unicare should charge a fair economic price for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

stick-dan wrote: »
    Isn't the seller a boardsie? look at the sellers name?

Me thinks that too.........

selling free film :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭jao

Sean_K wrote: »
    unicare should charge a fair economic price for it.

I dunno
    I dont think they can, because its out of date this month / next month.
    I would imagine thats why they're giving it away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

I wonder if the seller can stand by some of their claims...

i.e. stored in a fridge...

Can an auditable paper trail be supplied to back up that claim I wonder?

As for expiry dates... Well milk and medicines (for example) all have expiry dates. Anyone drink a litre of milk a few months past its expiry :D

The whole thing is silly and morally wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

anybody know if they still have this free film in shops? I don't want it to sell on ebay btw, got a camera today need to get film :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Tallon wrote: »
    Im calling shinanigans

....SHINANIGANS

For future reference it's SHEnanigans. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

anybody know if they still have this free film in shops? I don't want it to sell on ebay btw, got a camera today need to get film :)

The one in blanchardstown town center still has about 4 boxes of the stuff......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

landyman wrote: »
    The one in blanchardstown town center still has about 4 boxes of the stuff......

thanks, might try there if they don't have it locally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That's very poor form.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Oh-ee-oh-ee-oh-ee...Anthony's pulling a fast one!

Well spotted Reactor.

This is where Boards fails sometimes though. It needs a Kangaroo court jury "smiley" option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

humberklog wrote: »
    This is where Boards fails sometimes though. It needs a Kangaroo court jury "smiley" option.

Just re-direct the thread to AH :D That would get us a self-rightous mob in double quick time. The only problem is that they're fickle, damn them, FICKLE. They could turn against us in a moment !

Actually, I'm with simplicious on this one. Who are you people to try and prevent the free movement of goods and services ! Boooo !

Just re-direct the thread to AH :D That would get us a self-rightous mob in double quick time. The only problem is that they're fickle, damn them, FICKLE. They could turn against us in a moment !

Actually, I'm with simplicious on this one. Who are you people to try and prevent the free movement of goods and services ! Boooo !

Yeah !! It's an open free market we live in!! It's not a Kibbutz!! Or a collective farm in some godforesaken radioactive idiotocracy!!

More of this type of industriousness and the country would be doing dandy!!!
    I'm taking my fickleness off to AH for a half an hour while I'm on a roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Before I get burned at the stake or something by this kangaroo court.

I am indeed getting rid of some of the film via ebay. I got a few boxes in haste and then decided I could use B&W film instead so in the spirit of free enterprise I placed it there.

You are entitled to think what you like about this, it's called simply business to some, enterprise to others and a multitude of other opinions no doubt. Luckily it is a free world.

after that, I have no further comment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

There's nothing wrong with it legally.... but the morality of it is another question.

Posted at the same time as the above post.

Maybe in the spirit of the original pffer you could have passed it on for free to someone else?

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

CabanSail wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with it legally.... but the morality of it is another question.

Maybe in the spirit of the original pffer you could have passed it on for free to someone else?

Thats is the stance I'm thinking.
    Especially with the spirt of mrmacs's thread last night!

• Advertisement

Simplicius wrote: »
    Before I get burned at the stake or something by this kangaroo court.

I am indeed getting rid of some of the film via ebay. I got a few boxes in haste and then decided I could use B&W film instead so in the spirit of free enterprise I placed it there.

You are entitled to think what you like about this, it's called simply business to some, enterprise to others and a multitude of other opinions no doubt. Luckily it is a free world.

after that, I have no further comment.

Oh com'ere big fella and I'll give ya a tickle!!
    It's only funny, good investigating and good business. Still funny though.

CabanSail wrote: »

Thats is the stance I'm thinking.
    Especially with the spirt of mrmacs's thread last night!

Ach morality schmorality. It's not as if every single person who wanted a ton of this stuff didn't get themselves off to the nearest unicare pharmacy over the last month or more and come back with more expired 200 speed film than they'll probably ever shoot. Unicare is STILL giving the stuff away.

If simplicuis had, in disguise, and while cackling evilly the whole while, driven his battered van around to every single unicare pharmacy in the city and divested them of their seemingly endless stocks of expired film with the SOLE PURPOSE of flogging it all on Ebay at inflated prices THEN I might feel like piously giving out about the morality of it :D

-edit-
    Speaking of which, where's the poll ! How can I decide to buck the majority opinion unless I know how most people think ? Damnit ! A Poll ! A Poll !

Charging €12 + €5 for p&p for something he got free is hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

right, the OP didnt post it here so you could make a quick buck, it was for us to get some bonus free film to shoot more and get better.

i didnt even get any !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Nothing like a bit of online moral outrage.

Hands-up: who here would express the same moral outrage to Anthony face-to-face ? Always easy to act the big lad behind a keyboard

I would, if he was selling it on the street.

Placebo wrote: »

i didnt even get any !

Well you've no-one but yourself to blame for that, do you ? Just doing a quick search there are no less than 17 threads discussing unicare and free film, the very first one in november of 2007 !

Just when WERE you planning on going up to your local unicare ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Fwiw, Unicare'll be handing this out for free for ages to come. They're making their profit in the developing.

jeeze, relax there dude
    i didnt even get any !

I have plenty of roles if you need some!

• Advertisement

jeeze, relax there dude

I will not ! I'm trying to build up a head of anti-indignation !

...anti-indignation !

Happiness?

Happiness?

nah, I think it's actually being indignant anyway, sorta like inflammable actually means flammable (what a country !)

Well you've no-one but yourself to blame for that, do you ? Just doing a quick search there are no less than 17 threads discussing unicare and free film, the very first one in november of 2007 !

i try check this everyday but sometimes life gets in the way, i have been planning to go sometime soon but i rather people didn't take it for profit and left some for the busy working man.

i try check this everyday but sometimes life gets in the way, i have been planning to go sometime soon but i rather people didn't take it for profit and left some for the busy working man.

I hear you mate, I'm a busy working man meself, but at the same time if I'd wanted some film I very probably would have found time to do it at some point over the last TWO YEARS !

I've gotten married, had a child, moved house, changed jobs, been to Serbia, Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, The UK and here and there around Ireland in that time. I'm pretty sure I could have popped down to my local unicare pharmacy at some point !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I think poor Daire needs to take 5 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Simplicius, Fair play, we need more Entrepreneurs.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I think poor Daire needs to take 5 :)

but but but ... TWO YEARS !

Very well, I shall become un-dignant. I shall merely observe the rest of the proceedings with a glazed look of apathetic indifference.

I hear you mate, I'm a busy working man meself, but at the same time if I'd wanted some film I very probably would have found time to do it at some point over the last TWO YEARS !

I've gotten married, had a child, moved house, changed jobs, been to Serbia, Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, The UK and here and there around Ireland in that time. I'm pretty sure I could have popped down to my local unicare pharmacy at some point !

whatever.jpg
    :)

but but but ... TWO YEARS !

Very well, I shall become un-dignant. I shall merely observe the rest of the proceedings with a glazed look of apathetic indifference.

i only seen the new thread ? dont remember anything about this two years ago, when i was cult film head.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623416&highlight=unicare

....un-dignant...

Stop trying to use that word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

my take -

selling kidneys on ebay = bad
    selling free film on ebay = not so bad. Rates pretty hight on the cheekometer though.

good luck with the sale simpilicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ok. this has run its course methinks.

Nothing illegal committed so move along now everyone and head out and take a few pictures on either free film or digital media - medium doesn't matter. Sun is shining outside folks, ya know. Conditions good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement