Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Office toolbars

• 05-08-2009 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering people's opinions on the new setup of Microsoft Office applications. With the 2007 version we now have a ribbon of most used functions at the top and the display has changed a lot from the iconed toolbars from previous versions.

I have been using them for a while now and still cannot get my head around them. I found the toolbars in previous versions far easier. I just want to know people's thoughts on these. Are you getting to grips with Office 2007?

Will future versions revert back to the previous toolbars or something similar or are MS going to keep with their current setup? Am I just going to have to learn?

Interested in peoples thoughts on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ribbon is awesome.

no more traipsing thru menu/submenu/list to get to some item, tis all there right in front.

find it hard to navigate older versions of office now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

When I first got it, it took me a while to figure out where everything is as again so used to the old style. I prefer it now as it is getting easier to use but I still have moments where I am searching for a particular feature.

Advertisement