Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life in Castlebellingham

• 05-08-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and my partner are looking to move to Castlebellingham in order to be closer to friends and family, can anyone tell us what it is like to live in?

Is there much to do? Places to walk? pubs to drink in? Local GAA team etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Nice vilage, nice pubs and nice people , oconnells are a very good club, one of the best in Louth committee wise and should make senior this year.

Lots of houses to choose in a 10klm radius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Welcome, it's not a bad wee village, three decent pubs, chineese ok , chippy very good. O connells are going well top of the league and should make the semi final of the championship . Building a fantastic club house at the moment one of the finest in the country. If you need to know anything pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Also, its close to Annagassan, which has spectacular views of Dundalk bay, Cooley Mountains and the Peninsula. Lovely area to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bronasaurus

hi there, wondering if you moved to CastleB? we are thinking of it and wonder what you make of it? TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

It is not all that far from the motorway, so you can get out of the place quick enough when the inevitable boredom sets in.

I was working there last week, all of the people I met were really nice and friendly, and thats to me, a door-to-door salesman!

By the way, if youre going into the new build estate that has gas, don't be fooled. The gas isn't the cheap stuff from Bord Gais Networks, its much more expensive gas fed from a huge tank in the middle of the neighbourhood green. One of the worst things I have seen and from what householders told me, the developers never informed them so they thought they would have decent priced heating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 ajarms86

Sorry If Im dragging up a ancient thread, but Im just now in the same boat as the OP, considering moving to Castlebellingham/Kilsaren, would love to hear from locals about the area? (looks lovely to drive through)

I haven't lived in Bellingham but spent a lot of time there. It's great being close to Dundalk and even Dunleer with two big shops, couple of minutes to the motorway. Always seemed quiet, never any hassle. 10 minutes to Annagassan. I would look more at Bellingham itself rather than Kilsaran.

Advertisement