Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buspar for anxiety

Options
  • 05-08-2009 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have had anxiety and panic attacks and the doctor put me on Buspar. I wondered if anyone has had any experience of it?Side effects, works,doesn't work. Anxiety in itself seems difficult enough, and often wonder if my anxiety has been heightened by taking this. I am on it 6months. Would be interested in hearing anyone elses experience of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I never took that but i tried a few things like xanx , ceprinol and some other stuff that just made me worse , one made me suicidal (o_O) well more suicidal then i heard about it on the news making people kill themselfs :eek: anyway someone i know met a girl somewhere and panic attacks came up and she mentioned how lexapro pritty much stopped them so i asked my gp about them and she me on them a few years ago and they did stop them for me, Not totally stoped them now i get them the odd time but there less intense and easyer to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MollynOlly

I am also on Lexapro for a long time. I was given Buspar after panic attacks started to occur again. I have found that I am having low moods, and if I'm honest..there have been suicidal thoughts.I will be coming off it soon, which i am happy about.

Advertisement