Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Phonecalls to Korea

• 05-08-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

Apart from Skype, what do people use to ring Korea. If I wanted to use my mobile, is there some cheap cards you can buy?

Probably a bit of a general question applying to other countries as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I guess from the views and lack of answers that Skype is the way to go. So if anyone is interested, although most probably know already:

Just checked a bit more and you can get a skype to go number from ireland to any country. Pay a subscription of 4 euro per month and you have unlimited calls to any landline or use skype credit to phone a mobile...seems the cheapest option to me. Cheaper than local rates.

Anyone comes up with another option in the future please post...thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

ekevosu wrote: »
    Apart from Skype, what do people use to ring Korea. If I wanted to use my mobile, is there some cheap cards you can buy?

Probably a bit of a general question applying to other countries as well.

For international calls to Australia I use one of the following:

http://www.telestunt.ie/ (think its called cheapcalls.ie now)
    http://www.dialwise.ie/

Just checked prices for south korea, 1 hour call from Irish Landline to Korean mobile would cost less than EUR 1. Not sure how skype compared to this.

I first dial the 1890 or 1520 number, then I enter my international number and I'm just getting charged for the cost of the original call (eg 1890)

Cheapcalls.ie
    Calling from Ireland, the call is charged at local rate for both SouthKorean mobiles and SouthKorean landlines. (Local rate is obviously cheaper from an Irish Landline compared to IrishMobile, depends if its O2, Meteor etc)
    south korea [landline and mobile] 1890 99 07 07local rate*

Dialwise.ie
    From Irish Landline to Korean mobile/landline, call 1890 99 02 02, its local rates

From Irish Mobiles to Korean mobile/landline, call 1520 520 113
    Meteor costs 20c per minute.
    O2 costs 32c per minute. Not sure about Vodafone or others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TokyoImports

Just so people know Tesco Mobile (credit phone) have great International rates. I can call from an Irish Mobile to a Korean Mobile for 6 cent a minute and landlines for 3 cent. It really is great and I have been using it to call friends in Korea.

Advertisement