Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tides

Options
  • 05-08-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Quick question:

Anywhere to get an advance guide to when high tide will be? e.g. next saturday?

I want to try catch me a bass :D

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Tinytony wrote: »
    Quick question:

Anywhere to get an advance guide to when high tide will be? e.g. next saturday?

I want to try catch me a bass :D

Thanks

http://www.pol.ac.uk/ntslf/tides/?port=0072

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Cheers for that.

How long before the highest point on the tide would people advise fishing for Bass?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Every location is different. You gotta fish and watch the water and find out. They keep moving. But after you figure out a location, that's the time of tide for there, not everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Tony,
    further to what coolwings get yourself a copy of tide tables from local fishing shop too and stick it in the glove box. Always very handy if its an unplanned fishing trip .

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Cheers, I've never fished the tide before as it was always only mullet that came up with it but apparently there have been bass coming up with them the past few weeks so going to give it a shot at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Always use this site. You can get next years tides too. Great to have.

http://www.sailing.ie/inside/default.asp?pageId=506

Advertisement