Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardeaux Looking for players

• 05-08-2009 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Boardeaux Looking for players.

Boardeaux will be starting their 7th Season in the next Month or so, and are looking for players.

Who are Boardeaux?

Boardeux is the Boards.ie Football Team.

Where/When do you play?

We play in the www.astro.ie 11-a-side League, on Tuesday evenings in locations around the South of Dublin (the Summer '09 Season was all played in Wesley College, Ballinteer Road, and the Winter Season '09/'10 looks to be the same). The games are at 7.15, 8.15, 9.15 and sometimes 10.15.

How good is the team?

In the Winter 08/09 Season we came Second in our division, and in this current season, with one game left we are currently in third, with a good possibility of finishing in second again, depending on results.

We concede less than a goal a game (16 conceded in 17 games so far this year), and have scored 42, both of these totals are the second best records in the division. We have 7 clean sheets.

Am I guaranteed a game?

Simply, nobody is.

If you are good enough, and earn a place, you'll keep it. We maintain a squad of about 20/21 players, which covers injuries, absences due to other reasons and loss of form. In the last two seasons, every player in the squad was as good as a player starting in the same position, we want to keep it that way.

We are a social friendly bunch, originally set up as a way for Boards people to get together and play meaningful football. In the recent past we have become a bit more serious, and like to challenge for the title. When we started we were whipping boys, but now we are genuine challangers. We were top of the league for a while this season, only losing that when the eventual league champions beat us.

What positions do you need players for

Well, our Goalkeeper is the best in the league, so we are covered there I think, unless you are Iker Cassilas

Our defenders are very good too, but if you think you could improve on less than a goal a game conceded, I'd definitely take a look.

We have the two best wingers in the league too, but if one of them got injured, we'd be short on cover there. So if you are a good winger, let me know.

I'm also looking for a centre midfielder. That's not to take away from my current centre mids, but I'd like more cover there.

I've also just been told that I'm losing one of my best strikers, so need one of them too.

Do I have to Pay?

Yes, it costs €120 per persoon for a season. A season is 18 Games long. The payment covers League Fees, Referee Fees and team equipment (including footballs, etc).

How do I sign up

Before you commit to anything, remember the following points.

1. This is Ireland. Winter nights are cold and rainy and windy and freezing. If you don't want to play football in those conditions, don't sign up.

2. It will be winter. There WILL be Champions League games on Tuesdays. If you'd prefer to stay in and watch football than come out and play on a cold winter tuesday, don't sign up.

3. There is competition for places. If you are a prima donna and whinge if you don't start, don't sign up.

4. It's €120 to join, this is non refundable once the season starts.

After all that, if you are still interested, then drop a PM to Manager Des, or Assistant manager Michael. Or post in the Forum

We will have friendly games organised for the pre-season, so we can have a look at new players, and new players can check us out too.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

We play our last game of the current season on tuesday night at 8:15 if you want to come down and see what we're all about.(Or just cheers us on!).

Hi Guys,

The final games of the current takes place tonight in Wesley College, Ballinteer Road at 8:15 if anyone is interested in popping down.

First pre-season friendly confirmed, versus The Full Irish.

At St Colmcille's School, meet at 7.30PM Tuesday, 8th September

Please PM myself or Des if your interested in trying out for us.

Also add your name to the list here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055668893

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Maybe Boardeaux could sign Chamakh from Bordeaux.

Hi Guys,

We're still looking for players so if you are interested we have a match tomorrow night. If you fancy a run out for us add your name to this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055682430

• Advertisement
Advertisement