Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about selling t-shirts I design

Options
  • 05-08-2009 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm a graphic designer who is looking to design some t-shirts and have them sold in shops across the country.

I'm having trouble finding affordable screen printers and wholesalers of blank t-shirts, in order to make a profit.

The t-shirts I'm designing will have a recommended retail price of anywhere from €10 to €30 each, however the places I've found for printing my designs charge from €5 to €15 each.

Now say I pay this price, I now have to go to a clothes shop and sell my t-shirts to them, they have to make a profit and so do I so as you can see these prices I've found are far too high.

Does anyone know any good places in Ireland which offer affordable printing and/or wholesale blank t-shirts?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In my experience, new designers looking to piggy back on in other retail outlets usually leave their products on a sale or return basis. Store only pays for what sells, bare this in mind when your designing. You could end up taking back designs that are more summer than winter in Sept.

Most value/high volume retailers will put away a big order for you, just ask. I have often had people looking for 20x ladies 10/12/14 white tee-shirts. This is usually no problem especially at the start of the season. Just ask! Discounts are another thing but I'd usually have no prob holding on to them until there was a reduction on them.

If you are trying to sell your designs to stores, you will usually need to factor in a mark up of 60%.

ie you sell to store at 5.50 each they sell for 14.00 (double the cost plus add VAT at 21%)

To be honest, in my experience unless your designs are uber unique, custumising etc is the way to go. Just look at how fast the value retailers can spew out new designs on new shapes. Sorry ifthat is bad news to you.

I don't know of anywhere that can do cheaper printing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johhnyc

Process print is good, call 01 862 3310 good quality screen printing
    Check out some of the work he's done for my mates limited edition t-shirts
    www.greenhellclothing.com

Advertisement