Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with one of our clients PC's - Javaw.exe has encountered a problem

• 05-08-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

This is happening as of just today on one of our clients pc's when they attempt to use our mailing program to send sales data to their head office.

They also get "internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" when trying to open IE. Currently IE will not open.

They have NOD32, so I updated and ran a scan. It picked up several trojans and worms, but this is all still occurring post-scan. I also ran Advanced System Care to try to sort registry issues, and even though it detected several hundred initially, these error messages are still appearing.

The javaw.exe message also appears if I try to run the windowas update.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

reinstall from image.

box doesnt seem healthy imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

kaimera wrote: »
    reinstall from image.

box doesnt seem healthy imo

Now that you mention it....there is one file NOD32 can't remove, and it states it's a trojan.

I'm assuming wiping the HD and backing up their data is the way to go here then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have you ran an anti malware program such as malwarebytes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Fizman wrote: »
    Now that you mention it....there is one file NOD32 can't remove, and it states it's a trojan.

I'm assuming wiping the HD and backing up their data is the way to go here then?
    That'd be me but I took from yer orig post it's in a business/work environment.

Must be some procedure for doing a backup/install but if it's badly infected ya could run the risk of infecting a fresh install when you copy back over files

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Insurgent wrote: »
    Have you ran an anti malware program such as malwarebytes?

Literally in the process of doing so as I read your post!
    kaimera wrote: »
    That'd be me but I took from yer orig post it's in a business/work environment.

Must be some procedure for doing a backup/install but if it's badly infected ya could run the risk of infecting a fresh install when you copy back over files

Ya thats true. I'm going to try Malwarebytes, and maybe Combofix. Take it from there then really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement