Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xp home recovery disk on pro

• 05-08-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi,
    i was wondering if i could use an xp home recovery disk on professional?
    i got an old computer out of a school and it wont let me change anything.
    its a dell optiplex gx200 p3 256mb ram and sumthing like a 12 gig hd
    any help would be appreciated as i want to study a few things about os's before i go to college in 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

sounds like the OP is just stuck in a USER account

op switch on the pc
    at the welcome screen press crtl ald and del twice

type in username... administrator
    leave password blank and press OK

this should log you into the administrator account (if not you need to reset the password, post back for more info)

goto start
    run
    type in control userpasswords2
    double click on your normal account
    click group membership tab
    click administrators and ok

reboot the pc
    and log into your normal account which will now have admin rights

Advertisement