Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snooker in Ennis

• 05-08-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a good place for a game of snooker in Ennis. Is there a proper snooker club or even a few decent tables in the area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Dinningera Snooker Club, Sports Clubs & Associations Co. Clare, Market Street Ennis Co. Clare 065-6821433,

Auburn Lodge Hotel also and Leasureworld is also worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Lesiure world up the back of rugby grounds: 065 6866777 works out about €10 an hour i think. 5 tables and nice and quiet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Dinningera Snooker Club, Sports Clubs & Associations Co. Clare, Market Street Ennis Co. Clare 065-6821433,

Maybe you have not noticed a TO LET sign up on that place for the last 3 years now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Thanks for that. Might give leisureworld a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Dillingers was without the dirtiest snooker hall in Ireland, and I've been in some grubby ones over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Maybe you have not noticed a TO LET sign up on that place for the last 3 years now?!
    I think we will see a lot more of these signs over the next three years. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Dillingers was lovely when it was ran properly, in the last couple of years it was a disgrace. As said, Leisure World has tables, also Ennis Golf Club has 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Dillingers was one of my favourite hang out places while growing up. The amount of snooker I played there would rival the hours played at the crucible.

It went down hill after they turned part of it into a poker club. They got rid of most of the tables, when that went in, it didnt really feel like a snooker club after that.

I think the owner changed hands an then it was shut shortly after. It was a pure townie boys place. There will never be another like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The Ennis Golf club table is the business. It was really easy to get in there and play for free without having a membership. The lack of anybody to play with was the only reason I didn't end up in there more often.

Still have the same problem today. When I was in secondary school in Limerick I played for 45 minutes every day and was noticeably skinnier than I am now thanks to never having any lunch money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I used to always go in there, when Helen and the other ladies ran it there was never any trouble, the place was spotless and the tables were pristine condition, I would say that table 6 was 1 of the best tables in the country, as you said it all went down hill when it changed ownership

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Dillingers has now re-opened as "Club 147" and is under new management.
    9.50 p/h or 8.50 with membership. They have new clothes on the tables and also have online poker etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

Club 147 gets the thumbs up alright, a new revamped Dillingers,plently of gamling and pockets on table 6 as tight as ever

Advertisement