Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hydrangeas- want to replant them

Options
  • 05-08-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    I enjoy a bit of gardeing every now and then but am no Gerry Daly. I have a hydrangea plant that my mom planted years ago but it's got rather big and beautiful however it's getting bashed by the garden gate.

I was hoping to move it but am not sure when is the best time to do it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

MJOR wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I enjoy a bit of gardeing every now and then but am no Gerry Daly. I have a hydrangea plant that my mom planted years ago but it's got rather big and beautiful however it's getting bashed by the garden gate.

I was hoping to move it but am not sure when is the best time to do it. Any ideas?

Easier, safer and generally much better results if transplanting is left until Autumn time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Yes , leave it 'til Autumn. Just to be on the safe side, now is the perfect time to take cuttings.

http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/container/hydrangea/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Thanks a million! Trying to get the garden in order! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Autumn is definitely best from my experience too.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Best of luck with the autumn works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

thanks a million... I am gonna replant a fushcia too would autumn be the best time for this also?

Advertisement