Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peppers

Options
  • 05-08-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Well my first year's attempt at own grown veg is going okay, although I've learned a lot and a lot to learn!. I've 5 pepper plants in a little green house from Argos like this. Unfortunately I think I've put them in a) sh1te soil and b) too small pots and c) they're all mixed up-i don't know what each one is! I know for sure one's a cayenne because it's producing small fruit (very small!, but lots of them!) The other 4 are either Jalapeno or bell peppers, but they got mixed up and I don't know which is which! Like I said-I've learned a lot!

The good thing is they're all quite tall (about 2.5 feet) and nice and bushy and a few flower buds have appeared on a couple of them. I'm worried I'm running out of time to get fruit off them? and also that the pots are too small for them to produce decent sized fruit. I'm also worried they'll grow too big for the damn greenhouse! It's a great little thing-keeps 'em nice and warm on cooler days and I've opened it when the weather was good.

So I guess my long drawn out question is: Should I put them in bigger pots? Do I have enough time to get fruit off them?

Sorry for the ramble:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Tr6y larger pots. Seems like a great idea to grow your own cos they say peppers we buy in shops are full of sprays etc.

Advertisement