Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend an Audio Interface for DJing

• 05-08-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Would appreciate suggestions as to which Audio Interface to use for DJing live.

I have been on Thomann and the variety there is mind boggling. I just want portable, rugged reliability that doesn't cost the earth.

Using a MacBook btw.

Thanks a lot you fellahs!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Where in those links is there an audio interface brand discussed / recommended?

I am talking about a soundcard, not a controller.

Where in your original post did you mention soundcard???

When someone says "Audio Interface to use for DJing live", that to me would suggest some kind of interface to DJ with.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Check out the Native Instruments Audi DJ range, I hear they are pretty good
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/audio-4-dj/

Thanks Zascar, I'll check those out. There are so many brands though, it is really hard to know which one to go for.
    joker77 wrote: »
    When someone says "Audio Interface to use for DJing live", that to me would suggest some kind of interface to DJ with.

Well then you are incorrect. An Audio interface, is another name for a soundcard. ALL that is meant by the term Audio Interface is a piece of computer hardware that converts a digital signal from a computer to an audio signal. The everyday term for this device is "soundcard", which I included in a later post to clarify my request for people such as yourself, who still felt a need to reply to my original post despite not really understanding it.

• Advertisement

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Well then you are incorrect. An Audio interface, is another name for a soundcard. ALL that is meant by the term Audio Interface is a piece of computer hardware that converts a digital signal from a computer to an audio signal. The everyday term for this device is "soundcard", which I included in a later post to clarify my request for people such as yourself, who still felt a need to reply to my original post despite not really understanding it.
    I see your original post was inundated with replies because you were so clear.

If you meant soundcard, you should have just said soundcard, not audio interface for DJing.

A soundcard is not what most people would call an audio interface for DJing

A soundcard is not what most people would call an audio interface for DJing
    What would you call it then?

Look, I didn't come on here to get into a semantic discussion with a pedantic malcontent out for an online arguement, I just want to know what soundcard / Audio Interface / [insert preffered term] I should buy as the one in my Ozonic is sub standard, OK.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    What would you call it then?

Look, I didn't come on here to get into a semantic discussion with a pedantic malcontent out for an online arguement, I just want to know what soundcard / Audio Interface / [insert preffered term] I should buy as the one in my Ozonic is sub standard, OK.
    Fair enough, either did I, I picked you up wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

Aaaaanyway.....;)

I use a maya44 usb & have done for over 12 months now. It costs under €100 & supports ASIO to allow timecodes to be used. It's compatible with most big name software applications (I use Virtual Dj myself), & I can't fault it in any way, shape or form. Sound is crisp, latency is spot on, the installation is 100% fool-proof & over with in less than 5 minutes. Defo one of the best purchases I've made in a long, long time & based on my experience with it, several other dj friends of mine have purchased it since, each one as satisfied as I am.

Check it out on youtube, there's hundreds of videos of people using them with all the main djing softwares.
    maya44usb product home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DJ IO will set you back 100 euro, but it does the job and is very abuseable. There is a video on youtube of a reviewer dropping it repeatedly:)

The only two small cons I have found are the USB B port is slightly loose, as they all seem to be and lack of bass on the monitor, though that could be an EQing issue, I have yet to tweak to try and resolve it.

http://www.numark.com/djio

• Advertisement

Thanks Djscubastave that is exactly the sort of advise I am looking for. Lethal Bullet, I'll give that a look also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

DJIO is a very good option if you just want to split the 2 channels from your software to the mixer & nothing else. Its handicap is that it lacks inputs to support timecode use. If timecode isn't your thing, I think having the stereo input option is an absolute godsend for recording my mixes when I'm using CDs. The sound quality is impeccable & I can have the use of the 2 output channels with a djing software as a 3rd & 4th 'deck' to add loops, samples, acapellas etc. while still recording through an input channel via audacity or a different program.:cool:

With both options being so similarly priced too, the Maya, IMHO, has to be the clear favourite. Even if you don't intend on doing any of the fancy stuff above right now, you may do at some point & with the maya at least you know you have a choice in the matter...

Advertisement