Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

party this weekend, what can i prep in advance??

Options
  • 05-08-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm new here, looking for advice from experienced party throwers, i'm having a party on sunday and want to relax and enjoy it so was hoping to start friday saturday at the latest, i know some stuff will have to be last minute but for example quiches, cupcakes , cananpes etc surely i could prep these the day before, any tips for keeping fresh??

any help appreciated

p.s its a garden party so if anyone knows what the weather forecast is for Sunday this would also be most helpful>:confused:

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Well - you could defo cook all your pastry blind the day before, even all the quiches. And the cupcakes. I'd do the components of the canapes seperately, I assume they will be on bread/toast etc... which would go soggy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 abbeycarraig

Didn't expect a reply so quickly, thanks a mill will just have to get organised now and get on with it.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

a lot will have to be done on the day but get marinading and stuff. Put all your crisps and nuts and stuff in an area where you just open them and pour them into bowls. you could make a chocolate biscuit cake in advance. you can chop your lemons the day before and stick a bit of tonic water in them to keep them fresh.

Make life easy and buy fresh dips and carrot batons/ crudites already done.

Make sure to clingfilm everything very well as you don't want the tatses mingling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

MJOR wrote: »

Make life easy and buy fresh dips and carrot batons/ crudites already done.

A personal thing, but I cannot abide pre-cut carrot batons. They taste like cardboard. Easy to do them yourself the night before and lash them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge.

Advertisement