Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moisturiser

• 05-08-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I have really rough skin on the back of my arms and I'm looking for a decent (but cheap please!) moisturiser that I can use on my whole body

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Aqueous cream! Giant tub of it in boots for about 4 euro. Definitely won't upset your skin either.

Put it on after the shower and you'll have the softest skin ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

I heard this cream is good but it's paraffin based so might cause breakouts & spots if you're sensitive to paraffin.

Another good cheap one is Vaseline Intensive Care, they are usually 3/6 euro for a small/large bottle.

Exfoliating with scrubby gloves in the shower helps with rough skin too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

fonpokno wrote: »
    Aqueous cream! Giant tub of it in boots for about 4 euro. Definitely won't upset your skin either.

Put it on after the shower and you'll have the softest skin ever.

Or use it as a sub for shower gel or in the bath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

If it's rough skin, I'd say you should use an exfoliator in the shower first and then moisturise when you get out. I only exfoliate once a week but moisturise after ever shower. I've heard great things about using baby oil on wet skin! I chop and change really, at the moment I'm using a Garnier mosituriser and it's really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

+1 for Vaseline Intensive Care. It's fairly light as well so it can be slapped on quickly if you're in a hurry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Vaseline intensive care or the Aveeno oat based moisturisers are really good for dry skin. Also try an exfoliater in the shower - the St Ives ones are good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

A good exfoliater, and Nivea Smooth Sensation always does the job for me. I'm addicted to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Be careful with the baby oil! I'm ridiculously allergic to it! look for formulations containing alpha hydroxy acids, can work wonders on rough skin on the upper arms!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I shave my legs with baby oil so Im well used to it. The nivea one seems to be getting the best feedback, and Ill pick up the st. ives stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭JordanDC

I use the Topical Traditions all-natural moisturiser, its amazing and good for your skin. Its worked wonders for me. You can get it online here. Its expensive enough but its good quality and lasts forever. Its also an Irish company so you get your stuff the next day after ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

herya wrote: »
    I heard this cream is good but it's paraffin based so might cause breakouts & spots if you're sensitive to paraffin.

Another good cheap one is Vaseline Intensive Care, they are usually 3/6 euro for a small/large bottle.

Exfoliating with scrubby gloves in the shower helps with rough skin too!

Yeah, defo +1 on the exfoliating gloves in the shower. I think most people get those bumps on the back of their arms - due to bad circulation or dry skin, I dunno. The gloves work great and at the moment I'm using the Vaseline Intensive Care but I'm not too fond of it. I prefer body butters like Body Shop ones but I've been trying to scale back on the spending as I'll be a poor student in a few weeks!

Might try Aveeno next time myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

Nicola,these pha hydroxy acids things.. do you know of any brands available here that contain these? would only salon brands contain them?

Advertisement