Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Customer Care? (delays getting through)

• 05-08-2009 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Is anybody else having problems getting through to a customer care representative upon ringing Meteor on 1905. I've been trying with the last 2 days with a fairly urgent matter and have been put on hold for 10 mins each time. Also, are these calls expensive? If so, it's a disgrace!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

All 190x numbers are free. I rang there and instantly it said "we are currently experience high call volumes".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Rosstafarian

Yeah it has been like that all day today and yesterday...but even after holding for 10 minutes nothing happens...it's annoying cos I lost my phone and have to transfer my old number onto a new sim that I bought...I don't live near a shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Is anybody else having problems getting through to a customer care representative upon ringing Meteor on 1905. I've been trying with the last 2 days with a fairly urgent matter and have been put on hold for 10 mins each time. Also, are these calls expensive? If so, it's a disgrace!

Try their new forum http://forums.meteor.ie/
    they might be able to help if it's easy to fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The whole system has been upgraded so you have all sim swaps, ports etc since Friday afternoon up until this morning at 12pm going through. It should calm down by early tomorrow, I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Rang Meteor this morning to do a port, waited 46, yes 46 Fricking mins to get through, when I did eventually get through they had the gawl to say that the systems still weren't up and running!!! Now I wouldn't have minded if they had simply said at the start of the call (a recorded msg) that porting and new applications weren't possible at that time but waited till I get through:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Rang Meteor this morning to do a port, waited 46, yes 46 Fricking mins to get through, when I did eventually get through they had the gawl to say that the systems still weren't up and running!!! Now I wouldn't have minded if they had simply said at the start of the call (a recorded msg) that porting and new applications weren't possible at that time but waited till I get through:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Networks don't like to openly admit their failure in anything, unless it's absolutely necessary. I would imagine a recorded message won't be appearing, so unfortunately you're stuck; I definitely understand your use of all those mad smiley faces too! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Networks don't like to openly admit their failure in anything, unless it's absolutely necessary. I would imagine a recorded message won't be appearing, so unfortunately you're stuck; I definitely understand your use of all those mad smiley faces too! ;)

Wohoo someone feels my pain!:D I was highly peeved, I guessed it was back up and running when I was on hold for so long, guessing that they were getting rid of back logs. Talking to customer care rep this evening and he said there was 151 calls queueing at one the one time today. Madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Is this still a problem? I got a new phone the day before yesterday, and asked the guy in the store to transfer over my old number.
    He said it would take 3 hours or so, but it's been nearly 2 days now and my old phone is still connected the network, and my old number hasn't moved over to the new phone (can't get through to customer service to fix this).

EDIT: Got through to customer service at last, seems they do have another backlog to go through, and that mine should be sorted sometime in the next 24 hours.

Advertisement