Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aspnet_regsql.exe

Options
  • 05-08-2009 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I am trying to set up roles on my live site. I did it first on my local machine with the command Aspnet_regsql.exe which created all the tables like "Users" and "Roles" etc. and all the associated stored procedures.
    That was fine but these tables and stored procedures are not on the live site.
    I though "no problem, I'll just put them there myself". I scripted all the tables and stored procedures from the local one and then ran it on the live one but I am getting all sorts of errors like "Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database..."
    Should I get my hosting company to create the tables and sprocs? Or can they?
    can I do it myself? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

lukin wrote: »
    I am trying to set up roles on my live site. I did it first on my local machine with the command Aspnet_regsql.exe which created all the tables like "Users" and "Roles" etc. and all the associated stored procedures.
    That was fine but these tables and stored procedures are not on the live site.
    I though "no problem, I'll just put them there myself". I scripted all the tables and stored procedures from the local one and then ran it on the live one but I am getting all sorts of errors like "Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database..."
    Should I get my hosting company to create the tables and sprocs? Or can they?
    can I do it myself? Thanks for any help.

Had this problem myself and could only get around it by using the Microsoft Data publishing wizzard to create a script that includes all the SP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I came across this link and tried it out. Downloaded the script and it seems to work:
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/PrintSearchContent.asp?LINKID=1130

Advertisement