Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing a cheque at the Payer's branch

Options
  • 05-08-2009 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

My employer pays me via cheque (as opposed to through direct lodgement). However his bank is BOI and my bank is PTSB and therefore usually have to wait 3-5 business days for the cheque to clear. However his bank branch isnt too far from work so I am wondering if I went to his branch would they cash the cheque there and then. I dont have a BOI account though - would this matter?

I'm fed up of waiting so long for the cheques to clear.

Any advice would be great.

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

mcirl2 wrote: »
    Hi,

My employer pays me via cheque (as opposed to through direct lodgement). However his bank is BOI and my bank is PTSB and therefore usually have to wait 3-5 business days for the cheque to clear. However his bank branch isnt too far from work so I am wondering if I went to his branch would they cash the cheque there and then. I dont have a BOI account though - would this matter?

I'm fed up of waiting so long for the cheques to clear.

Any advice would be great.

Mike

i cash paycheques at my employers bank all the time. all you need is passport or driving licence.

Advertisement