Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

land of leather - creations consumer finance - cash flow

Options
  • 05-08-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi all,

Im under severe pressure here!:(
    I bought furniture from land of leather in '06 buy now pay next year, that was fine! In Feb 07 i sent off my bank draft for 1500.00EUR to creation consumer finance in belfast by registered post on the 15/02/07 ie next day delivery! A few days letter i get a letter from CCF acknowledging my payment but letting me know that it was the settlement figure that seemingly my payment was late!!! So i spent the day on the phone to An post then on to Royal Mail to try track & trace my lil bank draft! Then Im speaking to a lovely guy in Royal Mail & he then tells me " oh there was an attempted delivery on that day but there was no one to collect at the building???:confused::confused::confused: So i questioned CCF about this & could not get an answer to my question so there we have it my payment was a day late because they didn bother the back sides to collect their post!
    So i argued & argued with them, they wanted me to pay 997.68EUR for being late so i told them i was & my ****e goin to pay this & that i had cancelled their lovely DD. I never heard anything after, no letters no phone calls, NOTHING!!!

Until.... now! Cashflow (debt recovery agent) are banging down the phone looking for the money now! i sent them all my copys of receipts from An post copy of bank drafts copy of faxes i sent to CCF everything but CCF are sayin now they didn recieve it till 5/03/07 And i have a letter from them dated the 5/03/07 sayin our account is in arrears of 0.00EURS????:confused::confused::confused: anyone as confused as i am right now??

Please someone help me on this PLEASE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Tell Cashflow to go f**k themselves. They have no right to be doing this, and if they don't stop ringing you, report the harassment to the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

looks like a scam to land you with added charges for late payment when they were not in their office to accept the payment! your debt is paid so i would ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Get back onto the Royal Mail and ask for proof of delivery and more importantly the proof of attempted delivery.
    Post a copy of the above to the credit company and inform them if they
    wish to discuss it further they can contact your solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 stella09

would Royal Mail still have those details?? ok that will be done tomoro! cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

jor el wrote: »
    Tell Cashflow to go f**k themselves. They have no right to be doing this, and if they don't stop ringing you, report the harassment to the Gardai.

The dispute is not with Cashflow. They are merely the collectors.

It is creation consumer finance who are the problem here. Google them and you will find a rake of complaints about them. The problem is not just them, but most (all?) hire purchase providers. One should never buy furniture/cars/electronics from crowds like this. They make ridiculous amounts of money screwing people in ways such as this.

OP, do you have a copy of the original contract? If so, is there anything in the terms and conditions regarding this? To be honest, you may need to seek legal advice (you may have a case based on the attempted delivery on the date in question). Ignoring Cashflow Services will only make the problem worse (as additional charges/interest will no doubt accumulate).

• Advertisement

Yeah but i was on to CCF this morning to a very ignorant woman who really didn care & basically told me it has nothin to do with them any longer as "my debt" had been bought by this crowd?? i have googled them i know their cowboys! I think i'll just hand everything over to my solicitor but haven the funds to go through the costs of ****e like this when i know its a scam! it was a scam 2 years ago & still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You don't need to hire a solicitor, if you have the evidence from Royal Mail showing it was posted in good time and there was no one in to accept the registered letter, you can't possibly lose a case if you bring it in the small claims court.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

the 0.00 balance clinches it , report Land of Leather to the Garda Fraud Squad for selling a debt that was not a debt to cashflow and taking money by false pretences. Cashflow bought the debt for around €80 and are chancing their arm collecting but do not realise that LoL sold them a pup .

Tell cashflow to **** off , they understand that sort of language .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

It is very simple. I know that some of these Debt Collecting companies can be very intimidating. But do not let them get to you. They have nothing whatsoever on you.

The next time they ring....ask for the name of the person you are talking to and write it down. Then tell him/her in very plain English that you do not owe either them or the origional finance crowd any money at all. If they have any more queries on the matter, they can contact they company they bought the debt off.

Then tell him/her very clearly NOT to ring or contact you again or you will report them to the Gardai for harrassment.

Then, if they do ring again, call the Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

BnA wrote: »
    Then, if they do ring again, call the Gardai

Untrue. The Gardai won't get involved as this is a CIVIL matter. If the debt collection agency are trying to gain entrance to your house then yes, you can call the gardai, but not if they're simply sending letters and calling the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

eth0_ wrote: »
    Untrue. The Gardai won't get involved as this is a CIVIL matter. If the debt collection agency are trying to gain entrance to your house then yes, you can call the gardai, but not if they're simply sending letters and calling the OP.
    I would think that constantly ringing you after you explicitally tell them to stop would be classed as harassment.

Letters - fair enough. But they're easily dealt with

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    the 0.00 balance clinches it , report Land of Leather to the Garda Fraud Squad for selling a debt that was not a debt to cashflow and taking money by false pretences. Cashflow bought the debt for around €80 and are chancing their arm collecting but do not realise that LoL sold them a pup .

Tell cashflow to **** off , they understand that sort of language .

yeah its just funny how CCF are sayin they didn recieve our payment till the 5th/03/07 but yet they send a letter dated 05/03/07 sayin the account is in arrears of 0.00EUR, I know its all a scam but its how to prove it because now the debt collector is sayin if we dont pay the name will be black listed.... MY ARSE!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pallas Athena

stella09 wrote: »
    Yeah but i was on to CCF this morning to a very ignorant woman who really didn care & basically told me it has nothin to do with them any longer as "my debt" had been bought by this crowd?? i have googled them i know their cowboys! I think i'll just hand everything over to my solicitor but haven the funds to go through the costs of ****e like this when i know its a scam! it was a scam 2 years ago & still is.

They're cowboys. Ignorant. Utterly unprofessional. I have nothing good to say about this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

foggy_lad wrote: »
    looks like a scam to land you with added charges for late payment when they were not in their office to accept the payment! your debt is paid so i would ignore them.

Sounds like a scam alright - stick to your guns anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - Closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement