Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something new to do in town on saturday night or somwhere different to go.......

Options
  • 05-08-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

So a group of us are heading out saturday night and Im getting sick of Reardans and Havanahs every time. I need to break the cycle for a week or two :P
    Anyone have any ideas? Some nice bar or club or something different or unusual to do??
    Im open to any ideas :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Sure theres plenty other good bars to go to :

Dance Music : the catwalk,mangans, the pav (house)
    alternative : the slate,the quad,freds,fast eddies
    over 21 bars : crane lane, scotts, the bodega

depends what type of music and scene your into.

Theres always curraheen dog track which is a great place to go in groups and they have a dj saturday nites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

How about the liquid lounge www.liquidlounge.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

The everyman?
    Gorbys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

An Brog.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Dean820 wrote: »
    An Brog.
    do-not-want-dog.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

Kazbah wrote: »
    The everyman?
    Gorbys?

2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Thanks for all the replies so far :)
    I love the Brog, but I ususally go there on a more casual night out. this time we want to go all out and get really done up.
    Anyone here go to Soho?? Or is it full of posers?
    Iv never been but I would like to try it, possibly on saturday.
    I should have mentioned our age group, wer all between 22 and 26 and we want to go places in teh city centre only, althought the Dog track is a good idea for another night.

Mangans
    The Pav
    The Classic
    Redz

Is the Savoy still open?

Mangans
    The Pav
    The Classic
    Redz

Is the Savoy still open?

:eek:
    No thanks to all of them! Im not 16 anymore! ;)
    Apart from the Classic, thats not bad

well stick to Havanas so!
    I thought your first post said you were open to ideas :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

well stick to Havanas so!
    I thought your first post said you were open to ideas :rolleyes:

I am, just not places I used to go when I was an underager. Reds, Mangans, and Savoy are a no no im afraid, thanks for the suggestions tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

Hey smileysurfer!!Myself and the girls have the same problem!!No matter how much we plan to go somewhere different on a night out we always end up in reardens and havanas! Prob know your face from being in there so much ;) Went to Soho once,(it was a few years ago) and it seemed to have a lot of posers in there that night anyway, but that is prob not a great review of there cos im sure its a nice place to go and it was just the one night!The Classic...went there a few times and it was either totally empty, as in literally our gang and the bar staff or totally jammers. Prob should give it another chance though. Ill be watching this to see if there are any good suggestions anyway!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

The Classic is not bad indeed, it's terrible!

The Pav is no longer the Pav that you knew when you were young...it's all new now, go check it out, some great soul/house music in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Some of my favourites when i feel the need to mix it up:

A pub crawl of Maccurtain street ending at the everyman.

start at fionn barras and work your way up to barrack street area.

stay in the clonakilty hotel or the hostel, can be quite cheap and go out there.

switch between the idle hour and the sextant

Do a themed pub crawl. Pick a word and go to pubs starting with each letter. Stay away from certain letters, including e when in town.

go to the comedy club or catch a show in the opera house.

Friday night fave is match in the cross - fionn barras - sober lane etc.

Some other bars that id recomend depending on the mood: The bierhaus (excellent but perhaps not sat night style), slainte, mutton lane (nice place to meet up in on a dry night), the hi b (everyone should go once), the oval. For fancier desires the bodega, soho or the pav are all worthy choices.

You can also go play pool, bowling, quasar, karaoke, etc etc etc.

Bill-e wrote: »
    do-not-want-dog.jpg

chuckle chuckle, was in the Market Lane for a meal last night and we somehow ended up in the Brogue for half an hour afterwards, I don't plan on revisiting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mutton lane?old oak?

Thanks for all the replies again!!
    We ended up going to Soho, it was a nice change, music was good, crowd was ok too. Definitiely going to go back again, ended up in Havanahs again at the end of the night tho, was way too packed as usual. When will I ever learn that its a no no on a Saturday night anyway.
    Going to try somewhere different again next weekend, variety is the spice of life afterall ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

Comedy Club does it for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭GrayD

To be honest there's not a lot wrong with going places like Reardens, Soho, maybe even Chambers, Long Island once your passed your teeny bopper years. I like Cavanaghs too, always a good crowd, music there is good too, offbeat mainstream stuff without the blaring "boom boom".. :)

I find a lot of ppl, my friends included talk down about these places since you see a lot of people going in there all dressed up, guys in shirts and shoes, girls in dresses, heels. They seem to see that and look on a place that everyone there is stuck up themselves. Its what your into really. I spend the entire week either being "dressy/relaxed casual" in work or "sporty" when I'm at home or going to gym...

The Quad and stuff like that are fine if you fancy a relaxed drink without too much pressure to look the part but as popular as that kinda thing is getting its not really my ideal Saturday night.

Come Saturday I like dressing up and going where people make the effort. Its all taste really though.

GrayD wrote: »
    To be honest there's not a lot wrong with going places like Reardens, Soho, maybe even Chambers, Long Island once your passed your teeny bopper years. I like Cavanaghs too, always a good crowd, music there is good too, offbeat mainstream stuff without the blaring "boom boom".. :)

I find a lot of ppl, my friends included talk down about these places since you see a lot of people going in there all dressed up, guys in shirts and shoes, girls in dresses, heels. They seem to see that and look on a place that everyone there is stuck up themselves. Its what your into really. I spend the entire week either being "dressy/relaxed casual" in work or "sporty" when I'm at home or going to gym...

The Quad and stuff like that are fine if you fancy a relaxed drink without too much pressure to look the part but as popular as that kinda thing is getting its not really my ideal Saturday night.

Come Saturday I like dressing up and going where people make the effort. Its all taste really though.

I agree,
    Some times Im in the mood for jeans and a tank top and heading to the Brog or Sober Lane or some place relaxed. But then other times I just want to get done up to the 9's and head to reardans/havanahs/soho/chambers/long island! Depends on the week if suppose.

I wouldnt think that getting all dressed up in dresses and heels is being stuck up either,definitely not. Its nice to make the effort on nights out. :D

I must try the Comedy Club some night actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Dublin.

Dublin.

nooo thanks :P

Advertisement