Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Permanent Brick Shed

• 05-08-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Hi all, would appreciate some direction and answers to the below please.

I live in a mid terrace two bed house and I've a back garden that extends around 11 metres or so out the back. There's a fence around the garden that's around 2 metres in height give or take.

I've decking right outside the house to a distance of 4 metres, if I was to build a shed/building at the back of the garden (say 5 or 6 metres by 4 metres, so bascially covering the rest of the garden) would I need planning permission to do so?

If I wanted the roof to be higher than the top of the fence would that influence it? Not hugely higher, just maybe by a foot or so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

A shed that is less than 25 sq m in external size with an A roof whose apex is less than 4m does not need planning.

have a read of this thread
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055403984

which contains a link to the underlying regs, just watch AFAIK is the 25% area rule about covering too much of ur garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

From what you say, your shed will not be exempted and would probably not get planning permission because the amount of open space to the rear of the house would be too small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Thanks for the replies and the direction to the attached thread. I can see I need to do more research into this so will look for the appropriate information and rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

you need planning for a shed as described in the OP, if you garden is that small, its unlikely that any exempt shed can be built

Its not a big job and planning won't be expensive to obtain (as long as LA don't have a problem with it)

Advertisement