Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet Nokia E71

• 05-08-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Back around the June long weekend i stupidly managed to leave my phone in my jeans pocket and put them in the wash.
    When i reliased i put the phone on the window and left the heat from the sun hopefully dry it out. After about 4 days of this i tried it and to my amazement it worked.
    ONE PROBLEM. The battery now lasts just about a day with no use and 10 hours with average use. Thought the battery had short circuited so bought a new one. Still didn't fix this problem.
    Please can someone tell me how/if this can be fixed as i absolutly love this phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Can you run the nokia energy profiler? run it for a while and see what the consumption is. It's possible that a button connection is shorted. It should give you an idea of the battery life expectancy. If I run mine for a while then it shows an average of 0.10watt. My n95 normally shows 0.8watt.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

Can't seem to find that. Could you point me in the right direction please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Apart from the phone being wet, how do you find the phone before it got wet? Am thinking of getting one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

jod1983 wrote: »
    Can't seem to find that. Could you point me in the right direction please

Download the Nokia Energy Profiler to your phone here

Install it and let it read the power.

DonFred wrote: »
    Apart from the phone being wet, how do you find the phone before it got wet? Am thinking of getting one

Brillant. Even after the washing cycle its perfect (apart from battery). Battery life was 3 days before on heavy use.
    Buttons are small and take a bit of getting use to, but stick with it and im sure you'll be praising it like i am.

• Advertisement

Just ran the energy profiler for 12 min and had an average of 0.25w which spiked obviously up to round .6w with lights on.
    I know its higher than yours so do you think this is the reason.
    If so can it be fixed.
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement