Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games-On-Demand line-up revealed

• 05-08-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

no sign of any price structure yet and with my 2mb connection i don't know if its worth it seeing as it takes forever to download a demo thats 1gig. i'll give it a go anyway.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-live-god-line-up-revealed

Here's the launch line-up in full:

* Assassin's Creed
    * Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    * Burnout Paradise
    * Perfect Dark Zero
    * Call of Duty 2
    * Prey
    * Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    * Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
    * Fight Night Round 3
    * SEGA Rally
    * Kameo: Elements of Power
    * Test Drive: Unlimited
    * LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    * Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas
    * Mass Effect
    * Tomb Raider: Legend
    * Meet The Robinsons
    * Viva Piñata
    * MX vs. ATV Untamed
    * Viva Piñata 2: Trouble in Paradise
    * Need for Speed Carbon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

mailrewop wrote: »
    * Call of Duty 2
    * Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    * Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
    * Fight Night Round 3
    * Mass Effect

I can see these being the most popular.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd put money on them costing more than they would second hand or new in some cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

how much would you pay for these games? it shouldn't be more than 1500 points. could be cool to see more online activity in old games like Test Drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I've seen screens before, it's actual money and I think they where like $19.99.

xbl-update1.jpg

Could've changed since then though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

yea its real money, no buying points to buy the game unless theres an option to do both. i wouldn't mind paying €20 its just downloading the game thats my concern like in the pic, 5.71gb for star wars is alot to be downloading.

• Advertisement

i think i would prefer using points tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

You can use both points and real money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

whats the difference like?

I saw mass effect for 1600 points!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Xtravision second hand for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i wonder if they're releasing bigger HDD's. im running out of space on my 120gb..

• Advertisement

Microsoft has revealed that titles downloaded from Xbox Live's new games-on-demand channel will cost between 1600 and 2400 Microsoft Points.

In real money that equates to between £13.60 / €19.20 and £20.40 / €28.80.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-live-god-service-priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You can get most of the games new at retail for cheaper than €20, nevermind second hand. Hopefully the prices will come down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Its like Steam, your paying extra for the convenience of not have to go to and que in a shop. Yet still you can get some new releases as cheap as €30 delivered through ebay so they need to do something alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

You can get most of the games new at retail for cheaper than €20, nevermind second hand. Hopefully the prices will come down.

plus you can trade them in when you're done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Its like Steam, your paying extra for the convenience of not have to go to and que in a shop. Yet still you can get some new releases as cheap as €30 delivered through ebay so they need to do something alright.
    The convenience? I could walk to a GameStop in Limerick (I live in Waterford!) to buy a game and still be back in time before one of these "On-Demand" games finishes downloading!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

AdMMM wrote: »
    The convenience? I could walk to a GameStop in Limerick (I live in Waterford!) to buy a game and still be back in time before one of these "On-Demand" games finishes downloading!

in your boxers though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

quarryman wrote: »
    in your boxers though?
    That'd sort out the queues...

Digitally distributed content should be cheaper than a boxed copy. As it is, retailers take a 50% cut; there's also no boxes, discs or manuals to add to manufacturing costs; setting up a download server is probably cheaper than physically distributing things too. It's only convenient for those selling the game tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

That'd sort out the queues...

Digitally distributed content should be cheaper than a boxed copy. As it is, retailers take a 50% cut; there's also no boxes, discs or manuals to add to manufacturing costs; setting up a download server is probably cheaper than physically distributing things too. It's only convenient for those selling the game tbh.

Exactly. Are people going to be stupid enough to pay 50 or 60 euro for New Releases when they are released this way? When you cut out all the costs of physical distribution they should only cost half that.

there a video on LIVE that shows Mass Effect for 1600 points, thats not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

well my 20G HDD is pretty much useless now! I've seen the odd rumour of a terabyte HDD on the way for the 360...that would be cool but can't see it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

markfla wrote: »
    well my 20G HDD is pretty much useless now! I've seen the odd rumour of a terabyte HDD on the way for the 360...that would be cool but can't see it....

Well, MS are getting rid of the Pro console. So there will just be the Arcade and the Elite. I think it could be a possiblilty, everything is moving to digital distribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Jesus Oblvion will prob take a age to download.Good list of games though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Too expensive though. According to Joystiq games will be priced between 1600 and 2400 MS points or its equivalent in currency.

If the cheapest is 1600 points (EUR18.60) and the likes of Rainbow and Lego Star Wars is what you get then its too expensive. You can get Rainbow 2 cheaper than that. So that means the more expensive games will be selling for 2400 points (EUR27.90). Chances are you would get most of them cheaper in stores.

At those prices its not worth it.

theres seven 360 games available to download now

Assassins creed
    Call of duty 2
    Star wars TCS
    Mass effect
    Need for speed carbon
    Oblivian
    Viva pinata

too bad they want €30 per game , i said a few days ago that i was going to try it out, not anymore. no way is cod 2 or need for speed carbon worth €30. if they keep the prices like this theres no way its gonna work unless on the 11th the prices change

just took another look and if you want to use ms points its 2400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Jaysus...I bought Need for speed carbon for €6 a while back in tesco !!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Are they gone mad charging 30 euro for a game and you cant trade it in afterwards!!

You can buy most of those games brand new in stores for about a 10-20 euro and you can get some cash back on them.

You can even get oblivian and bio shock on the 1 disk for 30 euro brand new !!! . this would be a great service if they where 10 euro which would be acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cobrastarship

and there is going to be fools going to buy the games its hady for x-mas do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€30 is a complete joke, I can buy assassins creed at play.com for €12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bmdmac

The hard drive is going to be a real pain, 20Gb with only 13 available. So one game installed at a time. There new NXE that is coming out soon decreases install space needed for most games so that might be handy. I remember seeing DiRT in a video demo of this, kinda disappointed that hasn't made it, maybe they are waiting for the new one to be released first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

30 is a joke and for the people that say convenience there is nothing convenient about downloading a 6gb game, that would take forever.

I’m all for full game downloads but at a price that matches the shops.

They also have to note that were not getting the box or manual/artwork which people like myself like to have that on the shelf.

Advertisement