Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Robinson - antisemite

• 05-08-2009 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭

AIPAC and the like have been crawling out from the sewer since the US gave Robinson the Presidential medal. All because she is a critic of Israel of course. The hate for Mary Robinson really took off with this ridiculous piece of nonsensical propaganda from Michael Rubin - a man who later got a position in the US occupation government in Iraq.

He was writing in the National Review ( one of the neoCon bibles). Here is his quote, spot the inaccuracies.
    [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The trouble starts with Robinson's tenure as president of Ireland. During the last four years of Robinson's tenure, the European Union donated large sums of money to the Palestinian Authority. Ireland even held the presidency of the European Union for the second half of 1996. During this time, Arafat siphoned large amounts of European aid money away to pay for terror. Robinson can plead ignorance, but documents seized during the recent Israeli incursion into the West Bank revealed that the Palestinian Authority spent approximately $9 million of European Union aid money each month on the salaries of those organizing terror attacks against civilians. While European officials like Robinson looked the other way, the Palestinian Authority regularly converted millions of dollars of aid money into shekels at rates about 20 percent below normal, allowing the Palestinian chairman to divert millions of dollars worth of aid into his personal slush fund.[/font]

so, thoughts? Robinson an anti-semite?

Or Rubin a lying propagandist prick trying to fool morons who have no idea where Europe is, what the presidency of Europe means, or what the role of the President of Ireland is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Might write to Jon Stewart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Mary Robinson, War Criminal?

Seriously... this guy is demented. Because she was the ceremonial head of state of a country that held the rotating chairmanship of European Union meetings in 1996 - she is a war criminal.

Wow. That is some jump in logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Mary Robinson, War Criminal?
    If he calls Mary a war criminal, what does he call his boss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

the_syco wrote: »
    If he calls Mary a war criminal, what does he call his boss?

Its called turning the tables. See how easy it is to make someone out to be a "War Criminal"

Its called turning the tables. See how easy it is to make someone out to be a "War Criminal"

There is logic to calling Bush a war criminal, that piece is a joke. It is, however, believed by lots of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I love that none of these clowns have identified that the Palestinians are semites as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Stupid zionists.

I love this bit
    Robinson can plead ignorance, but documents seized during the recent Israeli incursion into the West Bank revealed that the Palestinian Authority spent approximately $9 million of European Union aid money each month on the salaries of those organizing terror attacks against civilians

In Jon Stewart voice as an internal monologue I read that as
    Robinson can plead ignorance YES SHE CAN!!!! because as titular president of Ireland she had bugger all to do with European payments to Palestinian authorities, or European Presidencies, or anything else besides the opening of Supermarkets and treacly speeches about candles in windows. You might as well accuse the Queen of running Europe, you halfwit

And, I didnt even like her that much.

asdasd wrote: »
    There is logic to calling Bush a war criminal,.

No there isn't. Its from idiots with an axe to grind.

How is Bush not a war criminal? Because he's American?

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    How is Bush not a war criminal? Because he's American?

Yeah the nerve of him. Wanting to keep American citizens safe. He should have done like the cowards in Europe and let the Muslims turn the Country into a ****hole like Europe now is. Can't fault that line of thinking.:rolleyes:

Yurups alrigh. We got pretty buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yeah the nerve of him. Wanting to keep American citizens safe.

And that involved Iraq?

Yurups alrigh. We got pretty buildings.

Such a witty comeback. An "enlightened and Intelligent" liberal palying the "Redneck" card. I thought you libs were above such judgementalism.:rolleyes:

An "enlightened and Intelligent" liberal palying the "Redneck" card. I thought you libs were above such judgementalism.

I am not a lib. But neither am I an American neo-con. So I can play redneck cards as I want. Not that I did. But from now on, I will.
    And that involved Iraq?

It involved Iraq in much the same way as Mary Robinson is responsible for personally supplying arms to Hamas whilst Empress of Europe. As in: not at all

Afghanistan, I support. Well, understand.

Afghanistan, I support. Well, understand.

3000+ dead on 9-11 and you barely support it? I wonder what it will take to really people up.:rolleyes:

Yeah the nerve of him. Wanting to keep American citizens safe.

How does invading Iraq keep American citizens safe? How does a war which resulted in the death of a million people make Americans safe? If anything, it makes Americans less safe. George Bush is a miniature Hitler. Created concentration camps, where people who were not convicted of any crime were kept for long periods and tortured routinely. Started a war against a country that did not attack it, resulting in the deaths of a million people or more.

Tell me exactly how he is not a war criminal? I suppose you've never heard of the My Lai Massacre either.
    He should have done like the cowards in Europe and let the Muslims turn the Country into a ****hole like Europe now is.

Europe is a continent, not a country (Geography 101). And I don't see how Muslims turned Europe into a shíthole. Europe is the same as it always has been, a multicultural continent with a vast array of religions, races and creeds.

3000+ dead on 9-11 and you barely support it? I wonder what it will take to really people up.:rolleyes:

None of the people onboard the flights on 9/11 were from Afghanistan. The majority were from Saudi Arabia. I don't see America attacking Saudi Arabia though, why is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Bit hard to turn the tables on somebody who hasn't started a war....
    He should have done like the cowards in Europe and let the Muslims turn
    the Country into a ****hole like Europe now is."

And behold, its 'Sectarian Hate-Fantasy hour'.

A few examples please, from mainstream news sources.

And, I didnt even like her that much.

I actually despise the woman. She actually just dared open her mouth about the Palestinians to get hit with this. Mind you, this is the same shower that tried to paint Jimmy Carter as a Nazi sympathiser.

• Advertisement

At this rate - with Mary Robinson, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nelson Mandela, and Obama being called anti-semetic it may just become fashionable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Such a witty comeback. An "enlightened and Intelligent" liberal palying the "Redneck" card. I thought you libs were above such judgementalism.:rolleyes:
    I'll be a lot happier as a moderator when you stop swiping and add something constructive. In other words, stop low-level trolling, it adds nothing to the universe and you're doing quite a bit of it lately, which you didn't do before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yeah the nerve of him. Wanting to keep American citizens safe. He should have done like the cowards in Europe and let the Muslims turn the Country into a ****hole like Europe now is. Can't fault that line of thinking.:rolleyes:

I dont understand this at all unless of course your hatred of Muslims is evident.

At this rate - with Mary Robinson, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nelson Mandela, and Obama being called anti-semetic it may just become fashionable.

Don't forget Finklestein and Chomsky.....and everybody on this site too
    (content warning, may contain strong 'anti-semitism'http://jfjfp.com/)

The trouble starts with Robinson's tenure as president of Ireland. During the last four years of Robinson's tenure, the European Union donated large sums of money to the Palestinian Authority. Ireland even held the presidency of the European Union for the second half of 1996. During this time, Arafat siphoned large amounts of European aid money away to pay for terror. Robinson can plead ignorance, but documents seized during the recent Israeli incursion into the West Bank revealed that the Palestinian Authority spent approximately $9 million of European Union aid money each month on the salaries of those organizing terror attacks against civilians. While European officials like Robinson looked the other way, the Palestinian Authority regularly converted millions of dollars of aid money into shekels at rates about 20 percent below normal, allowing the Palestinian chairman to divert millions of dollars worth of aid into his personal slush fund.

So because I was an EU citizen at this time does that mean I am an Anti-Semite given the logic used above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

You surely know that this isn't as black and white as you perceive it to be. And that smiley is pretty inappropriate given the content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Week's ban for JohnMc1 for trolling and flaming.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

So because I was an EU citizen at this time does that mean I am an Anti-Semite given the logic used above?

I think you could have been from anywhere in Europe, yeah. Although it would have been better to have been president of something, to continue the "logic"

i.e. Proof that Jank is an anti-semite.
    The trouble starts with Jank's tenure as president of his local stamp collecting club. During the last four years of Jank's tenure, the European Union donated large sums of money to the Palestinian Authority. Ireland, where he lived, even held the presidency of the European Union for the second half of 1996. During this time, Arafat siphoned large amounts of European aid money away to pay for terror. Jank can plead ignorance, but documents seized during the recent Israeli incursion into the West Bank revealed that the Palestinian Authority spent approximately $9 million of European Union aid money each month on the salaries of those organizing terror attacks against civilians.

Whip me! I have been a bad boy!

• Advertisement

I have continued to monitor this issue. Amongst the Jewish right wing in America it has gone into fever pitch. Best comment i have seen so far comes from Rachel responding to a post in The American Thinker, who says
    I am surpised that this piece didnt actually talk about the time when Mary Robinson was Empress of Europe. Michael Rubin wrote about this, recently, he said that she was Empress of Europe and she sent lots of guns to the Arabs to kill innocent Christians in Israel. Why should we honor the evil Empress of Europe who side with Gog and Magog in Arabia? We should stand with the Israelis, who are Gods people.

Advertisement