Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Impatient drivers taking the fun out of driving

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

SV wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree.
    Country speed limits can rarely be reached sometimes, It's fun to try though ;D
    Look at the title of the thread (in fairness I didn't go further than that)

the FUN of driving is being at the limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ScumLord wrote: »
    Look at the title of the thread (in fairness I didn't go further than that)

the FUN of driving is being at the limit.

Ah ok, gotcha.

I agree. Completely.

There's obviously a lot of people here who view the 'fun of driving' as trundling along at 60km/h everywhere with the windows down and..being boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac055

SV wrote: »
    Oh it would, no one dares to beep a car like that ;)

Ah if only i'd €120,000 laying around and half a million to insure it.... someday.....

Mac055 wrote: »
    Ah if only i'd €120,000 laying around and half a million to insure it.... someday.....
    I don't get that. Like I said, the limit. I can have great fun in a Berlingo. I think cheap **** box cars are great fun because you can push it to the limit without worrying about the bill should yopu make a mistaske.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

token56 wrote: »
    Hey now I take offence to that. I have a 98 micra and I can guarentee you most times I am one of the fastest cars on the motorway when I'm on it. Its rare if I'm ever over taken, but if there is someone behind I'll certainly let them pass. I think I may have even set a new speed record for a standard micra today. But maybe I'm the exception. Point is not all micra drivers a slow bad drivers.

Good point.
    The problem with Micras is that 98% of them are driven by old people at 30-40 km/h.
    Was on a backroad the other day and granted the 100 km/h limit was very optimistic unless you had a Ferrari. (inappropriate speed limits another bugbear). But 80 km/h was entirely possible and safe.
    But this guy who must have been at least 100 years old drove with 15-20 cars behind him for half a f*cking hour at 30-40 km/h, while sverving all over the road.
    When it was finally my turn to overtake I was so p*ssed off I just leant on the horn and went by at 6000 rpm with a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!! to make sure he saw me.
    I don't think he noticed. He drove a Micra.
    Most people who buy Micras and anything Korean, do so because they have absolutely no interest in cars.
    And by extension, they have absolutely no interest in driving.
    And if you have no interest in something, you're not going to be any good at it.
    My best friend has an appalling diet, mostly chips and pies, he would never become a chef, because he has no interest in cooking, wouldn't be any good at it and would end up killing a customer. (sorry, borrowing a good point from Clarkson here)
    Even if you have little money, you can always buy a better car.
    I knew someone who had a Micra and was a very fast driver.
    She got beeped, hassled, pushed and bullied.These cars elicit that kind of response.
    Micras are hatefull cars.
    She now has a Honda S2000 (non boyracer spec, quite nice when not tarted up with lots of plastic tat) and people are much nicer to her.
    Get the new Fiat Punto, or go nuts and buy an Alfa.
    People's attitude will change radically.
    Having said that, tailing people through towns is just wrong.
    That guy was a d*ckhead and must be ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

Good point.

Most people who buy Micras and anything Korean, do so because they have absolutely no interest in cars.
    And by extension, they have absolutely no interest in driving.
    And if you have no interest in something, you're not going to be any good at it.
    Micras are hatefull cars.

Get the new Fiat Punto, or go nuts and buy an Alfa.
    People's attitude will change radically.

Ah for God's sake. Firstly it's not that they have no interest in driving, they just may have no interest in a fancy/flashy/acceptable to you car.

I love driving, and drive very well I would like to think. BUT as long as I'm not driving a complete banger that's dangerous, or a car with no radio (I need my radio), I pretty much don't give a toss what kind of car it is. So just because I have no major interest in cars doesn't mean I've no interest in driving. That's like saying just because someone has no interest in designer fashions, they must have no interest in clothes.

As for your other point about driving something to suit other people's attitude, are you serious?? Again, if we use the clothes metaphor- that's like me telling someone to change out of their Penney's jeans because I would rather you wore Ralph Lauren jeans. Who gives a toss as long as it serves the purpose.

It may not look as well or may not be fancy- but a Micra does what it's supposed to do.

P.S. I don't even drive a Micra or a Korean car. I just thought your post was Micra-ist :p

Ollchailin wrote: »
    Ah for God's sake. Firstly it's not that they have no interest in driving, they just may have no interest in a fancy/flashy/acceptable to you car.

I love driving, and drive very well I would like to think. BUT as long as I'm not driving a complete banger that's dangerous, or a car with no radio (I need my radio),
    I never listen to the radio. I barely talk to people in the car with me. People think I'm a prick for not waving at them when I pass them in the car. I'm completely 100% focused on the road in front of me. Gates, driveways, looking up side roads to see what cars might be trying to turn onto my road, even looking under cars to see feet and shadows that might step out in front of me.

I'm obsessed when I'm in the car, and I do speed. but it annoys when when I'm the passenger with someone else driving. They just don't pay enough attention to whats in front of them. It's a problem I have when I drive to slow though, my mind wanders. When I drive faster my mind is completely occupied with whats in front of me.

P.S. I don't even drive a Micra or a Korean car. I just thought your post was Micra-ist :p

It surely is.
    98% of people who drive them never exceed 40km/h.
    People will hate you for driving it, friends will stop calling you, the opposite sex will ignore you (not a problem if you're 90, but if you happen to be one of the 25 blokes unfortunate enough to own one, disastrous), your family might disown you and you will end up a lonely, bitter individual.
    Much better off with this, for example:
    http://www.zcars.com.au/images/fiat-500-abarth1.jpg

I love driving, and drive very well I would like to think. BUT as long as I'm not driving a complete banger that's dangerous, or a car with no radio (I need my radio), I pretty much don't give a toss what kind of car it is. So just because I have no major interest in cars doesn't mean I've no interest in driving. That's like saying just because someone has no interest in designer fashions, they must have no interest in clothes.

As for your other point about driving something to suit other people's attitude, are you serious?? Again, if we use the clothes metaphor- that's like me telling someone to change out of their Penney's jeans because I would rather you wore Ralph Lauren jeans. Who gives a toss as long as it serves the purpose.

It may not look as well or may not be fancy- but a Micra does what it's supposed to do.

My girlfriend has a 97 micra, and gets dogs abuse from other drivers, it's a great little car and has never given her a days trouble! i on the other hand have a 05 focus and have had it in the garage 3 times in the last 6 months!! Mind i very rarely get abuse from other drivers!

It's the mentality that if you drive a bigger more expensive car that you deserve more respect.... that's bull****
    this little micra cost €500 and it does exactly what she needs it to do, it's cheap to run, insure and very reliable...it doesn't matter what you drive everyone should be respected on the road no matter what you drive!

Mac055 wrote: »
    My girlfriend has a 97 micra, and gets dogs abuse from other drivers, it's a great little car and has never given her a days trouble! i on the other hand have a 05 focus and have had it in the garage 3 times in the last 6 months!! Mind i very rarely get abuse from other drivers!

It's the mentality that if you drive a bigger more expensive car that you deserve more respect.... that's bull****
    this little micra cost €500 and it does exactly what she needs it to do, it's cheap to run, insure and very reliable...it doesn't matter what you drive everyone should be respected on the road no matter what you drive!

It's not just about small cars in general, Polos don't get as much abuse, most Italian cars are OK and if you have a Colt or CRV, no problem.
    I have to admit that when I see a Micra in a sideroad, i speed up, any of the above I'd let out.
    It doesn't have to be a big, expensive car, it's just that Micras in general are usually disastrous and copped on people who drive them suffer by extension. That is sad, but sadly true.
    It's the equivalent of wearing beige slacks with a white button down shirt and tank-top. People will jump to conclusions. It's just human nature.

You had trouble with your Focus?
    That's unlucky. Had a Focus for 4 years, put 120000 miles on it and other than the boot release going wrong on it, never went wrong or missed a beat.

• Advertisement

It's not just about small cars in general, Polos don't get as much abuse, most Italian cars are OK and if you have a Colt or CRV, no problem.
    I have to admit that when I see a Micra in a sideroad, i speed up, any of the above I'd let out.
    It doesn't have to be a big, expensive car, it's just that Micras in general are usually disastrous and copped on people who drive them suffer by extension. That is sad, but sadly true.
    It's the equivalent of wearing beige slacks with a white button down shirt and tank-top. People will jump to conclusions. It's just human nature.

You had trouble with your Focus?
    That's unlucky. Had a Focus for 4 years, put 120000 miles on it and other than the boot release going wrong on it, never went wrong or missed a beat.

Yes it's an unfortunate truth about human nature

Yes i've been unlucky.. i believe i bought what is know as a lemon...
    First it was leaking oil... then the electrics went and about a month ago.. i was was coming off the M50 on to the M1 and it just died!!! went from 4th to 5th and nothing!! not a peep, no power, nothing! I managed to coast it into the hard shoulder, give it a min and it was fine.. just got it serviced so far so good touch wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

stepbar wrote: »
    That's fair enough (slowing down at ramps etc) but if you were driving at 80 in a 100km zone, I have to say I'd be mighty pissed off. If you can't drive to the limit then pull over and let me by because I'll be dammed if I'll be stuck behind you.

doing 80 in a 100 zone is not bad, doing 50 in a 100 zone can be pretty dangerous. The limits are there for your consideration, it doesn't mean that you have to drive at that limit.

Consider a new driver, even with a full licence, they may be very careful. What about a driver not familiar with an area, or someone who is looking for a turnoff or land mark? Not everyone is good at driving, some hate it. Just because you are good, and considerate doesn't mean everyone is.

I have come accross some absolute lunatics... too many stories, but I normally take their reg and report them to the guards. If they put my life in danger, I will report them.

I sometimes drive close to the car in front right before I make a manover to over take them. Driving up someones arse for a mile or for a long time is not on. The M7/N7 is rampant with this sort of carry on. Drives me nuts, excuse the pun :P

*Edit*

The differance between driving on an Irish road (mainly motorways) and the continent is unreal. People in ireland think that it's ok to sit on the fast lane because they are "going fast enough". If you do that in holland expect a ticket and a fine. People move between the lanes very efectively quite often. One thing that really annoys me is people using the over taking lane on a motorway as just another lane. That's not the purpose. Are we the only country that has a fast lane moving slower than the slow lane???

The differance between driving on an Irish road (mainly motorways) and the continent is unreal. People in ireland think that it's ok to sit on the fast lane because they are "going fast enough". If you do that in holland expect a ticket and a fine. People move between the lanes very efectively quite often. One thing that really annoys me is people using the over taking lane on a motorway as just another lane. That's not the purpose. Are we the only country that has a fast lane moving slower than the slow lane???

Britain used to have real problems with midlaners, but most have now retired.
    When motorways first opened there was an unwritten rule that the left lane was for lorries the second one for cars and the third for overtaking.
    Fortunately almost all UK drivers have been educated that that isn't the case, can't say that for here! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Britain used to have real problems with midlaners, but most have now retired.
    When motorways first opened there was an unwritten rule that the left lane was for lorries the second one for cars and the third for overtaking.
    Fortunately almost all UK drivers have been educated that that isn't the case, can't say that for here! :mad:

We don't have any motorways with 3 lanes, not yet. The 3 laned roads we have are just national primary roads I think.

The limit is lower too, 100Kmph and 120Kmph on actual motorways.

Will they lower the speed on the M50 when the third land opens up? I hope not :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

With the moving off at lights thing - definitely agree that we should implement the UK set-up (Red + Amber before Green comes on) - if I'm first at the lights I'll normally watch the lights of the other road & get in gear when I see them go orange. I don't expect other people to do this though - I mean, we wouldn't have to get anything new installed, it's an easy system for people to learn to use - just reprogramme the sequence on the lights! Not too hard, you'd think.

What I have noticed is lots of 'big cars' (Audis, Beamers, Mercs) who decide they'll overtake in the bus lane & then stall at the off from the next traffic lights. I'm usually happy enough to give them a friendly beep though :D. Whatever about Micras - there are plenty of people who are **** drivers on turns, lights, etc but as soon as they hit any little bit of straight road it's their duty to blaze by you.

I don't mind people who drive faster than me & I'm genuinely holding them up. A lot of these though, I normally find sitting right in front of me at the next set of traffic lights, or better again, turning in at the next junction 5 yards away.

We don't have any motorways with 3 lanes, not yet. The 3 laned roads we have are just national primary roads I think.

The limit is lower too, 100Kmph and 120Kmph on actual motorways.

Will they lower the speed on the M50 when the third land opens up? I hope not :(

*cough* The bit between Ballymount and Blanch is (well 3+1).
    istr that the whole M50 woll be 100kmh when finished. Won't make any difference, most do 120ish now, as it is - even through the roadworks.

Feathers wrote: »
    With the moving off at lights thing - definitely agree that we should implement the UK set-up (Red + Amber before Green comes on) - if I'm first at the lights I'll normally watch the lights of the other road & get in gear when I see them go orange. I don't expect other people to do this though - I mean, we wouldn't have to get anything new installed, it's an easy system for people to learn to use - just reprogramme the sequence on the lights! Not too hard, you'd think.

What I have noticed is lots of 'big cars' (Audis, Beamers, Mercs) who decide they'll overtake in the bus lane & then stall at the off from the next traffic lights. I'm usually happy enough to give them a friendly beep though :D. Whatever about Micras - there are plenty of people who are **** drivers on turns, lights, etc but as soon as they hit any little bit of straight road it's their duty to blaze by you.

I don't mind people who drive faster than me & I'm genuinely holding them up. A lot of these though, I normally find sitting right in front of me at the next set of traffic lights, or better again, turning in at the next junction 5 yards away.

Many roads have the lights sequenced and timed for the speed limit! if you drive at the limit you should never get a (second) red light after pulling away from the first set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Most lights round my way these days are on sensors, so they're normally grand with strings of traffic.

I meant that the people who decide me doing the speed limit isn't good enough for them & overtake me in the buslane are the same people then stalling at the lights in front of me if they get caught by them. Whatever about passing me out but don't hold me up afterwards.

It's like people who decide to overtake with no room whatsoever - I should never have to slow down for you to overtake me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Many roads have the lights sequenced and timed for the speed limit! if you drive at the limit you should never get a (second) red light after pulling away from the first set.

That's complete bollocks, there are numerous sections of the N11, to take a simple example, where you'll only get the green if you break the speed limit. You are really overestimating the intelligence of the civil engineer who sets up the traffic light timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You are really overestimating the intelligence of the civil engineer who sets up the traffic light timing.

Unless junctions are equally spaced from each other, which they are not, then you cannot have green for both directions to suit the traffic. So half the people will have red lights from time to time no matter how smart the engineer is.

Which is not so say that things are as good as they might be.

• Advertisement

ardmacha wrote: »
    Unless junctions are equally spaced from each other, which they are not, then you cannot have green for both directions to suit the traffic. So half the people will have red lights from time to time no matter how smart the engineer is.

Which is not so say that things are as good as they might be.

Tidal flow timing is usually optimised for traffic flow in one direction, inbound in the mornings and outbound in the evenings.

But as stated earlier, maybe I've overestimated the engineers intelligence.:o

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whenever possible I drive in lane 1 (the left one), I usually have it to myself :rolleyes:

Often I find that I can continue at the speed limit while the other lanes are moving slower.
    Lorrs33 wrote: »
    Hey my car is in pretty good shape compared to a lot of newer cars that fall apart after a few months.
    Just make sure that your fog lights are off - a common inability with micras!
    soups05 wrote: »
    i think at some stage we have all been tailgated/stuck behind a slow driver. what gets me mad is when i am on a motorway and i'm overtaking a line of slow moving cars/trucks. i'm sitting at 120kph and then some tosser comes flying up doing 140kph and starts flashing thier lights.

if i judge it safe to pull in then i will, but i will not allow myself to be builled into moving left into a gap that offers little room to slow down to the left lane speed. i would also be reluctant to move into the space a driver has left for braking distance from the car in front.
    a car doing 140km/h does not come flying up behind you if you are doing 120km/h.
    To me this sounds like you do not use your mirrors adequately!
    super-rush wrote: »
    This attitude is the reason why there are so many deaths on the roads. I'm no saint and i do break the speed limits but only when i am sure its reasonably safe to do so. A motorway during the day is no place to be doing over 120k. Whats the feckin hurry?
    Christ almighty! :rolleyes:

kbannon wrote: »
    Just make sure that your fog lights are off - a common inability with micras!
    :confused: I don't have a micra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Christ almighty! :rolleyes:

+1 (million)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

:confused: I don't have a micra!

I think that was aimed at me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Originally Posted by super-rush
    This attitude is the reason why there are so many deaths on the roads. I'm no saint and i do break the speed limits but only when i am sure its reasonably safe to do so. A motorway during the day is no place to be doing over 120k. Whats the feckin hurry?

Bad driving is the reason there are so many deaths on the road, you can drive badly at any speed.

If you cannot drive at a reasonable speed then get off the road and let someone else drive. Please and thank you.

I got two points on my licence for speeding,past the Spa Hotel,Lucan in 2004 and three years later my licence went clear again.I have learned my lesson because it sickened me to have that on my licence.So now i stick to the limits and dont care who i hold up,i drive at 30 in a 30 zone,80 in an 80 and 100 in a 100,so i am obeying the law and if others want to speed thats their business.The speed limits are for all drivers,no exceptions!

I can understand drivers frustrations when the speed limit isnt being reached because of slow driving but i make no apologies for obeying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

*cough* The bit between Ballymount and Blanch is (well 3+1).
    istr that the whole M50 woll be 100kmh when finished. Won't make any difference, most do 120ish now, as it is - even through the roadworks.

excpet for the two lane bits which will still be 120.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    i drive at 30 in a 30 zone,

Thank god there's so few of them, they near impossible to keep to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I got two points on my licence for speeding,past the Spa Hotel,Lucan in 2004 and three years later my licence went clear again.I have learned my lesson because it sickened me to have that on my licence.So now i stick to the limits and dont care who i hold up,i drive at 30 in a 30 zone,80 in an 80 and 100 in a 100,so i am obeying the law and if others want to speed thats their business.The speed limits are for all drivers,no exceptions!

I can understand drivers frustrations when the speed limit isnt being reached because of slow driving but i make no apologies for obeying them.

Nor should you make any apologies, but what certain other posters aren't apologising for, is driving precisely on the speed limit in a lane that they shouldn't be in on a motorway, unless they are overtaking another car.

Instead they're taking it upon themselves to police that section of road, which is unwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not to mention causes congestion. No-one wants to drive in the left-hand lane, because even if you're doing less than the speed limit, you're still sure to come across someone driving slower than you and you won't be able to overtake as the overtaking lane is full of traffic. So a two-lane road is effectively reduced to one lane.

Everybody whose not me on the road takes the fun out of driving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Driving is not meant to be fun. Driving sucks!

kingtut wrote: »
    Driving is not meant to be fun. Driving sucks!

Well then don't do it and leave the roads to people who can drive and enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

i agree with stovelid, if its happening to you alot, you're driving too slow. i am of the impatient persuasion, and unfortunately cannot understand when people drive at pedestrian speed for no apparent reason. SPEED UP OR LET ME PASS!! (not directed at you op)

Well what if you are driving at the speed limit that is posted on the road and you still have someone trying drive into your boot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Either turn on the blues or let them by.

Tazdedub wrote: »
    Well what if you are driving at the speed limit that is posted on the road and you still have someone trying drive into your boot?

Slow down to annoy then more. They'll either back off or overtake. If not continue to slow down until you only going 20kph, that'll learn them.

Its not your job to stop others from speeding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

Slow down to annoy then more. They'll either back off or overtake. If not continue to slow down until you only going 20kph, that'll learn them.

hang on who says its policing. If you are driving at 80 KMH on an 80 KMH single lane road and you have one of these tossers practically in your boot, then how is that policing? Should I then go faster so that they can go faster?

hang on who says its policing. If you are driving at 80 KMH on an 80 KMH single lane road and you have one of these tossers practically in your boot, then how is that policing? Should I then go faster so that they can go faster?

if its 80 sure you should be doing about 110 anyway

[puts on flame suit]

Nor should you make any apologies, but what certain other posters aren't apologising for, is driving precisely on the speed limit in a lane that they shouldn't be in on a motorway, unless they are overtaking another car.

Instead they're taking it upon themselves to police that section of road, which is unwise.

To be honest in most cases when people post about driving at the speed limit they rarely say that they do so in the overtaking lane, people just assume that they are talking about the overtaking lane. In my posts I have had to clarify this before.

I always say "I never drive above the legal speed limit" and not "I never drive above the legal speed limit in the left hand lane" because anyone who knows the rules of the road should know that the overtaking lane is for overtaking only, yet some people assume that when I post I refer to the overtaking lane.

This is not solely directed at you TwoShedsJackson, just a general comment really :)

• Advertisement

Well then don't do it and leave the roads to people who can drive and enjoy it.

I can drive perfectly well thank you!
    What makes you think 'driving not fun' = person can't drive?

I drive because getting to my work place would be impossible without a car.

He is being a law abiding citizen by obeying the speed limit! Are you asking him to break the law so that other people can speed?

Jab your brakes and watch the look on their faces!:D

He is being a law abiding citizen by obeying the speed limit! Are you asking him to break the law so that other people can speed?

No. If you axctually read the post you'd see I'm telling him to slow down:rolleyes:

I can drive perfectly well thank you!
    What makes you think 'driving not fun' = person can't drive?
    I my experience people who don't enjoy driving aren't usually great at it.

Same with most things in life
    I drive because getting to my work place would be impossible without a car.
    Don't be so overdramatic. You could walk, it'd just take longer:D

I my experience people who don't enjoy driving aren't usually great at it.

Well I'm proud to be one of the first people who that does not apply to. I do not enjoy sitting behind the wheel as I find it boring but I am very good at it.
    You could walk, it'd just take longer:D

Let's see....30 min drive or 3 hour walk...no thanks :P I'll stick with the boring driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Well I'm proud to be one of the first people who that does not apply to. I do not enjoy sitting behind the wheel as I find it boring but I am very good at it.

Let's see....30 min drive or 3 hour walk...no thanks :P I'll stick with the boring driving.

get a better car and it won't be boring :) although driving around the cities will nearly always be boring

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Let them past if it is safe to do so!
    I always say "I never drive above the legal speed limit" and not "I never drive above the legal speed limit in the left hand lane" because anyone who knows the rules of the road should know that the overtaking lane is for overtaking only, yet some people assume that when I post I refer to the overtaking lane.
    Never?
    What maximum speed would you do on a 100km/h limit road then?

Dankoozy wrote: »
    get a better car and it won't be boring :) although driving around the cities will nearly always be boring

Changing my car is not going to make my driving any more interesting than it is now. It has nothing to do with enjoyment in fact.
    Never?
    What maximum speed would you do on a 100km/h limit road then?

Yes correct, never. I do not break the law.
    In a 100km/h zone my maximum speed is 100km/h (maybe more maybe less as car speedos are not 100% accurate). Guess what I do in a 120k/h zone :cool:

In a 100km/h zone my maximum speed is 100km/h (maybe more maybe less as car speedos are not 100% accurate). Guess what I do in a 120k/h zone :cool:

160?

• Advertisement
Advertisement