Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Drivers: be bike aware" ad on RTE?!

• 05-08-2009 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, couldn't find it...

I was just watching the RTE news and there was an RSA ad encouraging other drivers to be bike aware and pay attention to motorcyclists as under half (that seems low to me) of the deaths recorded are caused by drivers...

It's good to see an ad for once not blaming motorcyclists for everything or even reminding people that we're actually on the road...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭D.U.M.B

J-blk wrote: »
    ... It's good to see an ad for once not blaming motorcyclists for everything or even reminding people that we're actually on the road...

Very true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Anything they do to make drivers more aware is a plus..but the ad just isnt "memorable" enough imo..this one still makes me almost sick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXI8-_9FrB4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Sids Not wrote: »
    Anything they do to make drivers more aware is a plus..but the ad just isnt "memorable" enough imo..this one still makes me almost sick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXI8-_9FrB4

That one is pretty rough alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Haven't seen it is it on youtube yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Haven't seen it is it on youtube yet?

I couldn't find it though I might not be using the correct search criteria or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

great ad on UK channels, very very effective. Though doubt it will change people, most of the country don't indicate, look properly etc whilst driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The idiot in the red porshe this morning turning right from Cuffe Street to Auginer Street this morning obviously didn't see the ad:mad:

Quint wrote: »
    The idiot in the red porshe this morning turning right from Cuffe Street to Auginer Street this morning obviously didn't see the ad:mad:

Theres a fair chance he DID see it..............;)

The only truth in the ad is that these days almost everyone knows someone who rides a bike ,but it still doesnt matter to most drivers..some will still try to hurt you...TRUST NO-ONE.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Haven't seen the ad yet, but I get great pleasure in letting motorcyclists on their merry way. They'll always acknowledge your efforts, far more than can be said for a lot of car drivers.

A general assumption here but the few bikers I do know are dab hands at the 4 wheel versions too, they are so clued in to their driving, and seem very aware of impending dangers.

I can't ride a bike:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Sids Not wrote: »
    Theres a fair chance he DID see it..............;)

The only truth in the ad is that these days almost everyone knows someone who rides a bike ,but it still doesnt matter to most drivers..some will still try to hurt you...TRUST NO-ONE.:(
    It was actually a she.

• Advertisement

Quint wrote: »
    It was actually a she.

Nuff said......:p

BTW she might be someones mother, girlfriend ,sister,mistress ,a hooker....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

That must be the advert i caught the end of twice in the last few days- and the only thing i found memorable about it (from the bit ive seen) is that it assumes all motorcyclists are male- Though i suppose i should just be grateful that they acknowledge motorcyclists at all!!

Advertisement