Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Buffer and his piece of paper.

Options
  • 05-08-2009 6:38pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Bruce Buffer might do some other work, but his main job has him work once per month.

Would it be too much effort on his part to memorise the names and locations of the fighters in that month, or is it too much to ask?

He reads off that Goddamn piece of paper for every single fight!

Come on Bruce, you have one of the best jobs in the world, you get flown all over America and the world, and you're known as the voice of the Octagon.

How about you try and remember the names for the 10 fights you have to announce every month!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It doesn't bother me in the slightest I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Really scrapping the barrel with something to moan about today aren't ya.... :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I was just thinking, even the most casual UFC fan will easily know the names, weights, and locations of all the fighters involved.

Why does the "voice of the octagon" use the piece of paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

jayteecork wrote: »
    I was just thinking, even the most casual UFC fan will easily know the names, weights, and locations of all the fighters involved.

I think that is incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Because all fight announcers ever use them!
    He didn't invent the cue card like!

Anyway, without the card he couldn't put as much impact into the "Buffer 180" so I'm happy to see it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Because all fight announcers ever use them!
    He didn't invent the cue card like!

Anyway, without the card he couldn't put as much impact into the "Buffer 180" so I'm happy to see it.:D
    Did you see the "Buffer 360" at Ufc 100????? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So he doesnt make a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

OP, OP

epic_fail.jpg

callaway92 wrote: »
    OP, OP

epic_fail.jpg

Sorry, I try and create threads that even begin to approach the intelligence of the other boards.ie/internet message board forums.
    eg: Family Guy, What will I be when I grow up, and Summerslam threads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Who would he know that Harley Davidsons are the only motorcycles fit for the octagon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

He might mix up Coors Light with Bud Light and then jump on Brocks Wife,
    I'd pay to see that as he turns to brock sitting on top of Sable and tells him hey Brock She has a horseshoe up her ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mooeire wrote: »
    Really scrapping the barrel with something to moan about today aren't ya.... :rolleyes:

agreed

The weigh in's are the day before the event....so :- 1/He doesn't have all month to memorize the information, 2/ I very much doubt even hardened UFC fans would know all that information for even 1/2 the fights.
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    So he doesnt make a mistake.

seems obvious doesn't it not wanting make a fool of himself infront of millions of people around the world.
    I try and create threads that even begin to approach the intelligence of the other boards.ie/internet message board forums.

is this thread supposed to be an example? :confused:

Well you wouldn't catch out George Hamilton with all the facts on a piece of paper.

Well you wouldn't catch out George Hamilton with all the facts on a piece of paper.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I'm pretty sure George Hamilton does have facts on the piece of paper and a team of researchers to gather them for him....don't let the fact that he is a commentator and that you can't see him ov TV confuse you.

Although if he doesn't I gotta give him credit...he's never screws up.

"Italy are preparing to make a substitution - and it is, the unmistakable figure............of Roberto Baggio”
    George announces the arrival on the pitch of..... Gianluca Vialli. Unfortunately, the two subs had got their shirts mixed up.

"Kevin Moran.....oldest man on the pitch today...35 years of age.....of course the referee could possibly be older than that ......and technically he's on the pitch too.....then again his linesmen could be even older than him... but are they technically 'on' the pitch.”

"And Ireland have got to contain the brothers Baggio.”

"The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bruce Buffer might do some other work, but his main job has him work once per month.

Would it be too much effort on his part to memorise the names and locations of the fighters in that month, or is it too much to ask?

He reads off that Goddamn piece of paper for every single fight!

Come on Bruce, you have one of the best jobs in the world, you get flown all over America and the world, and you're known as the voice of the Octagon.

How about you try and remember the names for the 10 fights you have to announce every month!

Everytime I think this forum is scrapping the bottom of the barrel someone comes out with a little gem like this!.

'Get a life man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

A slip of the tongue or a "failure to mention" might resulting in voiding an endorsement contract that means millions to the UFC.

Bruce reads what's on the cards, and only ever what is on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dragan wrote: »
    A slip of the tongue or a "failure to mention" might resulting in voiding an endorsement contract that means millions to the UFC.

Bruce reads what's on the cards, and only ever what is on the cards.
    This is it imo.

It's not that he isn't able to memorise the names/weights/locations.
    Its that he isn't allowed, just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

And George Hamilton is probably the most idiotic commentator in world TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

How do you know Buffer has the names and weights of the fighters on the cards? Its possible that he has all the details memorized and the writing on the cards are just motivational messages for himself like "Keep up the good work Bruce" "You're beautifull on the inside" and "The world is your oyster"

• Advertisement

How do you know Buffer has the names and weights of the fighters on the cards? Its possible that he has all the details memorized and the writing on the cards are just motivational messages for himself like "Keep up the good work Bruce" "You're beautifull on the inside" and "The world is your oyster"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Goose81

Hes a very poor immatation of his half brother,they need to get Michael onboard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Goose81 wrote: »
    Hes a very poor immatation of his half brother,they need to get Michael onboard.

I still remember Bret "Hitman" Clarke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rovert wrote: »

Victor Belfroth

rovert wrote: »

So does Youtube :)

Michael Buffer bores me it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    So does Youtube :)

Michael Buffer bores me it must be said.

Some people dont appreciate class!

even with his feck up it was still great!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Goose81

cowzerp wrote: »
    Some people dont appreciate class!

even with his feck up it was still great!!

He recovers so well its hilarious.
    It looks like even if they pointed it out to him he would just say I can call him whatever the **** I want lol.

Coolness personified.

He actually runs a company with his brother doing announcements and I reckon the UFC went after him but got his brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

The love affair on here with Bruce BUffer makes me wanna vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This is a pretty dismal rant.

• Advertisement

Goose81 wrote: »
    I reckon the UFC went after him but got his brother.

I bet you are wrong

Advertisement