Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a Navman dealer in Galway

Options
  • 05-08-2009 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭

I am looking to update maps on my stupid GPS thingee and it has me demented. Anyone know of any Navman dealers in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It's generally a case of plugging your Satnav into your computer, going online, and updating the maps directly. You'll pay a charge online; with TomTom it costs about €50, but you can update 4 times in a 12 month period for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Thanks for the reply but that's not the way with NavMan i've finally discovered... Just found this under their technical site at

http://ems00852.egain.net/system/web/view/selfservice/controller.jsp?CONFIGURATION=1026&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=STARTPAGE&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTRY=gb :

'Unfortunately new maps cannot be downloaded due to the size and type of the data file; however this is something Navman is looking into for 2009. Maps either come on CD format or on Preloaded Memory Cards depending on which Navman you have.'

So my last hope is to find a navman dealer in Galway tomorrow who has the maps for NorthAmerica/Canada. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Maybe someone else has the CD and can lend it to you.

Try Jeremy in Auto Electrical Concepts; 087-1376173.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

There's plenty of people in Galway with GPS hacks, sorry I can't be of more help *cough cough*

*ahem *ahem...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Bleh, should of bought a Garmin, sorry I can't be of more help :pac:

I wish I had, bought this down under last year when I didn't know what I was at (cocktails are big in Melbourne).:D

Advertisement