Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish Delight ice cream - anywhere in Cork?

Options
  • 05-08-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of anywhere in Cork that sells turkish delight flavoured ice cream?
    I had it once before, think it was somewhere in Munster but can't remember where!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Would it have been Murphys Ice Cream? They have their own shops in Dingle and Killarney, but it's stocked in other shops too. They do a lot of unusual flavours as specials.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you find out post the answer, that sounds corking!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

+1 Please, please post the answer. Never tried this, but can't wait to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Oh wow, that sounds good - but if you need a quick fix before you find this, try adding some rose water/rose cordial to a nice vanilla ice cream, may do the trick. As anything rosey flavoured always reminds me of Turkish Delight. But I'm drooling at the thought of actual Turkish Delight icecream. J

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anyone seen Pistachio icecream about either?

• Advertisement

I had some in May. In Malta. It was lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Supermacs are doing cone or a tub with Pistaschio nuts in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

It was in Waterford I had it before, my friend reminded me. In a Chinese restaurant of all places!
    I'll take a look in Cork today and will post if I find it. Hope I do!

+1!

I hope you do too! :D

Ben & Jerry's or Hagen Daz do a fab coconut frozen yoghurt thang that
    I first had in the U.S. You can get it in the UK, but for some reason
    frozen yoghurt hasn't made it south of the border yet :(
    I still dream about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Ben and Jerry's Bohemian Rhapsody is the closest I've gotten to a Turkish Delight ice cream but that sounds delicious! Somebody is missing a trick there!!

PS France is obsessed with pistachio ice cream. It tastes like it looks - RANK!

• Advertisement

PS France is obsessed with pistachio ice cream. It tastes like it looks - RANK!

Yeh, well, what would you expect from a people who eat horses and brains! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Max001 wrote: »
    Yeh, well, what would you expect from a people who eat horses and brains! :eek:

All in the name of high "cuisine"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Somebody mentioned pistachio - I think they have that at the Hagen Daz counter, Mahon Cinema. Oh, all this talk of ice-cream............... mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

sounds fab not that i am allowing myself icecream....
    when i was in denmark my friend had LIQUORICE icecream but then they eat liquorice everything! It looked mank even tho i like blackjacks

Lliquorice is the bees knees, didn't eat it for years because the Bassett's stuff is mank, but rediscovered it with Tesco twists last year. I've spent years trying to find the red stuff that used to be in the old Bassett's selection boxes, can't find it anywhere. Not the strawberry ****e that people think is liquorice for some bizarre reason, or the worse "soft-eating" australian crap, but proper red liquorice. Can't be got, it's very frustrating!

adam

Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,
    Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,TurkishDelight,TurkishDelight,
    Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,TurkishDelight,TurkishDelight,
    Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,TurkishDelight,TurkishDelight,Turkish
    Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,TurkishDelight,TurkishDelight,
    Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,TurkishDelight,TurkishDelight,Turkish
    Delight,Turkish Delight,Turkish Delight,TurkishDelight,TurkishDelight,
    Turkish Delight......................................................................
    ..................................Wheres my Turkish Delight!! :(

Advertisement