Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vorta

Options
  • 05-08-2009 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

I saw an episode the other day where the Vorta used some sort of telekinetic energy to shoot some Jem Hadar. It would have been the first episode they ever appeared in. The thing is I don't remember any other DS9 episode where the Vorta used this power. Is this a narrative oversight? Am I the only one that find it odd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

Most likely a narrative oversight/planning issue. 'twas their first appearance.
    Writer/producer Ira Steven Behr admits that mistakes were made in the process of defining the personality and nature of the Vorta. This is most evident in the lack of telekinetic powers among later Vorta characters, and the fact that Eris did nothing to acknowledge Odo as a Founder.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Jem'Hadar_(episode)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's possible she was specifically genetically engineered/altered to have those abilities.

Much like the way the Alpha Jem'Hadar troops were designed for Alpha Quadrant missions.

Advertisement