Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Mortgage Payment

Options
  • 05-08-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys, a quick mortgage question please:

If a bank calls for a commercial mortgage on the due date and funds are not available in the account will the bank call a second time for the mortgage or is this seen as a missed payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Has happened to me and the answer was yes they came back in for the DD 7 days later. BUT you would be much better ringing up & asking them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BOOKWORM.1

Thanks Size. I've been worried sick. This is the first time this has happened to me. The bank are not the most approachable but I'll definitely ring them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Always ring them if there's a problem of any kind.:cool: They are more approachable than you realise.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It seems to depend on the mortgage provider, some I've seen call again the following day (so about 2 days later by the time it hits your account), others call again in about a week, I've actually seen one go in for funds a fortnight later, which was very strange. Best bet, as others have said, is phone the bank and confirm. They'll appreciate the call TBH.

Thanks for all your feedback folks. The Bank called a second time a couple of days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

BOOKWORM.1 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your feedback folks. The Bank called a second time a couple of days later.

I was in a similar situation recently, I rang to explain why it had missed (€14 short in account) but they said they didn't even notice, the mortgage provider will make two attempts to debit your account before it's flagged.

You will be charged by your own bank for missing the first though.

Indeed they have. They were in for their 10.00 Euro like a light!

Advertisement