Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<random aside> Enough Xigmatek for one day?

Options
  • 05-08-2009 7:06pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just had a retarded idea... :D

HWVS050809case.png

Visualize this with some appropriate CCFLs, white down low and red up top...

resource?articleId=27501&size=2

Includes a fan control for slowing down the Scythes down just enough to make them silent :D Didn't know three of the 120mm fan mounts could mount 140mm fans instead until I did some more reasearch.

Only problem is, if you actually used a Red Scorpion cooler I don't know if there'd be enough space to mount the matching Xiggy fan on the side! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Yo Dawg, I herd you like Xigmatek!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Yo Dawg, I herd you like Xigmatek!

Yo Dawg, I herd you like Xigmatek! So I put a Xigmatek in yo Xigmatek!

Pffft. Amateur.... ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

lol.gif

Completely unrelated, but I noticed OCZ have suddenly started doing budget watercooling parts. Only not enough of them! :P They have pumps and a CPU block drifting around MemoryC but seem to have forgotten about some, ah, essentials. Y'know, like hoses and radiators and stuff? :D

Today's little slice of retarded:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2505783/art/delta-electronics/case-fan-120-mm-190-cfm-5.html

How much airflow is too much airflow? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I'd say when it gives out the sound of a "high population density area"!!!

59dba :O

• Advertisement

Each of those puppies adds another 2A draw on the 12V rail. Five of them on the one case would draw as much at full tilt as a HD4890 on Furmark :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Solitaire wrote: »
    Each of those puppies adds another 2A draw on the 12V rail. Five of them on the one case would draw as much at full tilt as a HD4890 on Furmark :eek:
    Yea but your case would be so cool with 5 of them, that you could **** out your freezer and just put your ire cream in your computer case to keep it cold.

Ire cream? Is that meant to make you angrier or sooth your anger when you apply it?? :P:D

Found something even worse. FAR worse.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15230

Stick a 80mm fan mount on it for 1337 cooling! Just bear in mind it'd need its own mid-range PSU! 31000rpm@12V :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

you crazy kids !

• Advertisement
Advertisement