Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal against an infraction & week ban

Options
  • 05-08-2009 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi, I would like to appeal my ban from the Gambling forum.

5starpool issued an infraction and a ban for referring to someone as a fool.

My remark came following discussion with user soundsham when I had originally made a case against Henrik Stenton not winning this weeks Bridgestone Invitational. Part of my case was that Stenson lost a fortune through the exploits of Bernard Madoff, soundsham replied with a link saying it was Allen Stanford and to stop talking thrash, his post was edited 8 minutes later, there could have been more. In turn I replied "LOL. And who swindled Allen Stanford? and I am sorry for calling you this but you are a fool"

Now my infraction and ban are for being abusive, I fail to see how I am being abusive here, I am never abusive in any thread on the gambling forum and this is following a lot of harrassment lately where people are saying that I shouldn't be telling newbies not to post and mind my own business basically. May I add, I never have once abused or degraded anyone who posts on the gambling forum - I wish everyone good luck with their selections and I would like to think that my contribution to the forum is informative on a regular basis.

Furthermore I do not even know if soundsham reported the post because user coffism was quick to post asking everyone to report my post cause he had.

So I leave it with you to come to a conslusion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Abusive may not be the best word for it, but it's certainly in the spirit.

If you can't express yourself in a more civil way, then sometimes it's best not to express yourself at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

but it's certainly in the spirit.

Oh right, lol. But it isn't abusive and that's the issue being discussed here and the reasoning for a ban. So considering it ain't abusive, is my ban lifted and inraction removed?

Advertisement