Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficultly Doing Vista exam

Options
  • 05-08-2009 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello,
    I've been trying to get ready to do the exam for a good while. on off for 6 months. I still can't seem to get the stuff into my head for it to stay.
    I even repeat the prep tests given with the book again and again, passed a few times but info doesn't seem to stay with me.

What am I doing wrong? What is a successful what to learn this material?
    I work in IT and use Vista at home.

Do I really have to bash the material into myself? How close is the prep test to the actual test?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

light :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Have you always have a problem retaining information, or is this something new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭light123

Hi there,

Thanks for reply. Good question! I have a degree but I only did well in one exam in all the years. I never did really well consistently.
    Why the question? It's valid yes but where does it come from?
    You're right in your thinking. I know I'm not thick and that I can think
    abstractly and read quite well, literature, the economist, etc.
    Could it just be confidence? That is too deep seated to be easily changed?

Any ideas?

thanks

light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I have a pretty good memory, but it's even better when I'm eating well and doing regular exercise. It's also a lot better when I'm not drinking.

Could there be factors like the above that are affecting your memory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭light123

That and probably a bit more...
    and there I was; going to have a beer tonight...

I do walk a good bit though. Anyway back to the book for me.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The degree was probably interesting. Forcing ones self to learn something that may not be interesting ain't easy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement