Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IKEA Cafe/Restaurant

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

I think people farting in crowded places are worse than screaming children, but perhas it's just me. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Was there on bank holiday Monday around 5.30 - 7.30. No long queues at checkouts and definitely wasn't jammers. No brochures available yet.

Sign up saying restaurant was closed due to being so busy but everyone was ignoring the sign and there was only a queue of about 3 people and lots of spare seats. Meat eaters loved the meat balls, veggie options weren't great, soft drinks and hot drinks were €1 with free refils. Almond cake was also €1e but unfortunatley no free refill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Enii wrote: »
    You do know that IKEA is a furniture shop? It is not a playground for children.......

Do the kids a favour....take them to the zoo

Are you a mentalist ?
    Please try to get a grip on reality for a second.
    Children have to go to public places like shops and restaurants etc to learn how to behave in that kind of environment.
    My kids are very well rounded kids. We bring them everywhere with us and they behave themselves impeccably most of the time. On the odd occasion that they play up, if the normal warnings etc are not working we gather them up and leave so as not to annoy people.
    Do you have kids ?
    If you did, you would know the drill.
    Get a life you idiot.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

claiva wrote: »
    Are you a mentalist ?

Brilliant! laughing-smiley-014.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Children have to go to public places like shops and restaurants etc to learn how to behave in that kind of environment.
    My kids are very well rounded kids. We bring them everywhere with us and they behave themselves impeccably most of the time. On the odd occasion that they play up, if the normal warnings etc are not working we gather them up and leave so as not to annoy people.

So you should start teaching them how to behave in small shops where they can be taken outside in half a minute and only then take them to Dublin's largest malls. If they "play up" in the middle of IKEA store you still need to drag them out crying through the crowd for half a mile.

And if a kid is "playing up" in a restaurant they shouldn't be brought there in the first place. Restaurant manners are easy to practice at home.

I don't blame kids at all, it's the parents who bring them to those big, crowded, noisy, boring places. I'd play up myself if I was a kid.
    Get a life you idiot.

:mad::mad::mad:

Kind, considerate mum... not?

On the topic of IKEA food stall, I wonder if they're going to have those lovely Advent calendars for Christmas? Anybody seen them in Belfast? Or Julmust drink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

You have to admit that bringing kids to ikea on opening day was probably not the best decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

I think people farting in crowded places are worse than screaming children, but perhas it's just me. eek.gif

herya wrote: »
    So you should start teaching them how to behave in small shops where they can be taken outside in half a minute and only then take them to Dublin's largest malls. If they "play up" in the middle of IKEA store you still need to drag them out crying through the crowd for half a mile.

And if a kid is "playing up" in a restaurant they shouldn't be brought there in the first place. Restaurant manners are easy to practice at home.

I don't blame kids at all, it's the parents who bring them to those big, crowded, noisy, boring places. I'd play up myself if I was a kid.

Kind, considerate mum... not?

On the topic of IKEA food stall, I wonder if they're going to have those lovely Advent calendars for Christmas? Anybody seen them in Belfast? Or Julmust drink?

OMG...........:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    How do you actually function ????
    Do you have a nurse that spoon feeds you ?

Onikage wrote: »
    You have to admit that bringing kids to ikea on opening day was probably not the best decision.

Possibly not......I did not bring them on opening day. I brought them late one evening when the place was not busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Possibly not......I did not bring them on opening day. I brought them late one evening when the place was not busy.

Then I guess nobody here is picturing you or yours when they think of kids in ikea. Just nod, smile and think to yourself "they'll get it one day".

Onikage wrote: »
    Then I guess nobody here is picturing you or yours when they think of kids in ikea. Just nod, smile and think to yourself "they'll get it one day".

Yes....you're right my friend.
    It boils my p1ss though when people with no kids harp on about how kids shouldn't be allowed here and there etc.

Anyways...I'm off home to play football (outside) with my boys and several of the boys on the road.......:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

OMG...........:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    How do you actually function ????
    Do you have a nurse that spoon feeds you ?

I can see exactly what type of mum you are :>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Cliava Ive reported your posts for being abusive.

I dont know why you are taking it so personally, yes you have a child, BUT as we have seen in a few posts here there have been hoards of screaming children in Ikea, it is peoples opinions that they think that its not an ideal environment for children to be in, and they are entitled to that. Its NOTHING personal to your child.

I personally do not think a child would enjoy (regardless of his/her behaviour) being dragged around furniture shopping for hours, and this would reflect on his her mood. You know yourself, when a child is tired/not enjoying themselves they DO get cranky and stressed, which results in a stressed mammy

And yes, I am a parent, and if I were to bring my child out for the day, Ikea or any shopping trip would be LAST on my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This thread has run it's course I think.

claiva banned for abuse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement