Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Arcade Great

• 05-08-2009 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,
    The last few weeks i have got mad into the xbox live arcade.
    I just wanted to share three titles everyone knows about but i wont stop playing for a while.

Marvel vs capcom 2
    Battlefield 1943
    TMNT: Turtles in time re-shelled

These games are great .

Marvel vs capcom for any fighting game fan is a must the game will just last forever Even better than street fighter 4 in my view

Battlefield to me is just a simple shooter just capture and keep the flag.
    Sounds easy but quiet hard addictive game just great

TMNT just got today and i find it nuts to play online .
    Just finished a story mode online and offline and want to play it again.

For anyone with xbox points to spend please let these be first on your list they will keep u playing for hours on end

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yup, the "Summer of Arcade" thing has some great games. Trials HD is out soon too and Shadow Complex rounds it off (which I cants wait for, it looks as good as a full retail game)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you haven't bought bionic commando rearmed, Braid and castlevania symphony of the night yet then sort it out as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Splosion Man, nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    What annoys me about Live arcade games (bar the silly pricing) is that they revert to demos if your not online. Not so much use if your internet goes down or when you bring your xbox to a friends house in the country that doesnt have broadband access.

Nope, you can play them offline too. You must not have them assigned to your console ID, instead just to your gamertag.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

TMNT reshelled seems a lil much for about a 30 min game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Splosion Man, nuff said.

Ohhh yes. Its bloody brilliant, aint been on my xbox for a while. Got an email about the summer of arcade n now I aint been off the thing. Looking forward to Trials HD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I found 'Splosion Man a wee bit boring from the demo. Does it get better later on or should I just skip it?

Downloaded R-Type Dimensions today. A fine game for fans of reading the words "GAME OVER". I'm pretty sure I used to be good at R-Type too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Would like to add The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition to this list as well.

Great game for the newcomers and the people who indulge in nostalgia from time to time. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

3 levels did it no justice to be honest, it's such an addicting game, and has you nearly throwing the controller at the screen in some parts, but so damn good, well worht a tenner I say.

Advertisement