Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore per County Museum

Options
  • 05-08-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

http://www.waterfordcountymuseum.org

Have went through this site which is a fairly decent site and covers the different periods well, however despite going through everything I barely found a mention of Tramore.
    Do the patrons of the museum just dismiss Tramore as a seaside resort or lump it in with Waterford, loads of info on Dungarvan, Cappoquin , Aglish , lismore etc but not a peep from Tramore.
    Obviously it has history so why no mention, genuine question and not a rant

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sadly, I think Tramore tends to get ignored far too much. The only history I am aware of is the bit on my own site and in Andy Taylors books which are very old and probably rare enough. Interesting history also.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Had a google for Andy Taylors books and they seem to be what about I'm after, your own history page Sully seems to be as comprehensive as ya find on the web, does kinda baffle me about the lack of info out there and not helped at all by Waterford county museum shunning of it

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

That reminds me of the first line of text on this page on the CoCo website:
    The town of Tramore, which is the largest town in County Waterford, is located 26 miles from Dungarvan.

I mean, who really gives a fupp how many miles it is to Dungarvan?

Tramore is six miles from Waterford City. The distance to some small town in west Waterford is hardly going to be of any interest to anyone, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Actually the only place I've seen info on it is in archaeological inventories of Waterford. Very strange now that you mention it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gramach

rasper wrote: »
    http://www.waterfordcountymuseum.org

Have went through this site which is a fairly decent site and covers the different periods well, however despite going through everything I barely found a mention of Tramore.
    Do the patrons of the museum just dismiss Tramore as a seaside resort or lump it in with Waterford, loads of info on Dungarvan, Cappoquin , Aglish , lismore etc but not a peep from Tramore.
    Obviously it has history so why no mention, genuine question and not a rant
    Have a new look. Tramore get a good look in now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just had a look at the link, and if you search for Tramore a number of references come up, but they are mostly on the lines of 'between Tramore and Annestown' or 'his brother lived in Tramore'. There are brief descriptions of Parishes, but very little directly concerned with the history and geography of Tramore.
    There are seven virtual tours of Dungarvan but none of Tramore, and no historical articles specifically about Tramore but numerous articles about Dungarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

did a search myself and couldn't anything of note , please elaborate or post links Gramach

rasper wrote: »
    did a search myself and couldn't anything of note , please elaborate or post links Gramach

Should have said for link 1 Put Tramore into the location box

No 2 will bring you direct. 2 is the better site

Advertisement