Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best looking county in Ireland.

• 05-08-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

Now Dublin or Cork will probably win this due to the sheer volume of people in each county but for me it has to be either Carlow or Laois.

I've been in every county in Ireland bar one but for me the women in Carlow and Laois are better looking than anywhere. The number of fine wimmin in both places is pretty impressive aswell.

So tell me where you think the best looking county is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Most beautiful I have ever seen is Corkadoragha. God a massive hunger for prataí is upon me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

galway, the women there would give a corpse a horn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

super-rush wrote: »
    I've been in every county in Ireland bar one but for me the women in Carlow and Laois are better looking than anywhere.

WHERE?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

They say the women of Derry City are hard to whack ???????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I agree with the Carlow and Galway ones. They are the best looking, simply because the best looking girls in the country converge on there to go to college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Northern women are generally pretty hot. The accent often helps as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm not from Dublin, but I must say it's crowded with fine women. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Damn I thought this was about which county is the most picturesque :P

Had a load of pics of Louth ready to post

Woman-wise, I won't bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

The polish/latvian/anyothernationalityotherthanirish sections of Ireland always have the best looking women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Whatever county has the hottest foreign visitiors per captia at any given time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

ottostreet wrote: »
    WHERE?!

What do you mean where??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

What do you mean where??

i dont see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

ottostreet wrote: »
    i dont see them.

Theres shedloads. I saw at least ten going through town today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

SV wrote: »
    The polish/latvian/anyothernationalityotherthanirish sections of Ireland always have the best looking women.

The Polish and other Eastern Europeans have the best tóiníns, the Irish women are a bit amorphous round at the back, and funny enough so are Indian women. I like a well-formed rear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

dublin overall but for the real natural beautys , you have to head wes,ht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Definitely not Dublin. So many fake tanned, peroxide white hair slappers here it's ridiculous... Out the wesht somewhere I would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Now Dublin or Cork will probably win this due to the sheer volume of people in each county but for me it has to be either Carlow or Laois.

I've been in every county in Ireland bar one but for me the women in Carlow and Laois are better looking than anywhere. The number of fine wimmin in both places is pretty impressive aswell.

So tell me where you think the best looking county is.

Married to a laois woman........(putting on alan partridge voice) "back of the net"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a picturesque scenario, coastal counties have a definite advantage over inland ones.

I remember chatting to a girl in a pub years ago, claimed to be from Laois, somewhere Ive never been, I distinctly remember her saying that Laois was the only county surrounded by counties with no coastline. [Never did check that one out].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Agree with the OP Carlow women all the way.

weepee wrote: »
    In a picturesque scenario, coastal counties have a definite advantage over inland ones.

I remember chatting to a girl in a pub years ago, claimed to be from Laois, somewhere Ive never been, I distinctly remember her saying that Laois was the only county surrounded by counties with no coastline. [Never did check that one out].

Checked it out-lying bitch :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

In my years of travelling around Ireland and also attending GAA matches, I must say overall Dublin has the best looking women, most likely thanks to the large population and possible higher percentage of Eastern European beauties also.

In terms of County wise I think Galway has some lookers, and Derry also, Derry women are easy to lay though, sexy beasts in the scratcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Checked it out-lying bitch :(

It's the closest to it though, fcukin' Kilkenny, ruin competitive hurling and our only claim to fame:mad:

But yeah anyway the girls in Laois are dogs, if you walk through Portlaoise for a day you might see a few finers, but try living here! They seem to disappear when the summer is over, something which I don't understand 'cause why would ya want to holiday in Laois?

Clare, Waterford(Tramore specifically), Galway, Mayo... The Wesht and the south basically is where I'm going with this, except Cork, the accents ruin them.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I just fcuking knew this thread was coming :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Belfast ftw!! Everyone's a lash up there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

It's the closest to it though, fcukin' Kilkenny, ruin competitive hurling and our only claim to fame:mad:

But yeah anyway the girls in Laois are dogs, if you walk through Portlaoise for a day you might see a few finers, but try living here! They seem to disappear when the summer is over, something which I don't understand 'cause why would ya want to holiday in Laois?

Clare, Waterford(Tramore specifically), Galway, Mayo... The Wesht and the south basically is where I'm going with this, except Cork, the accents ruin them.:(

I remember arguing with a teacher that Kilkenny clearly did touch the sea... Its debatable, I don't whether to count that as sea or river...

http://www.ballykeeffe.com/images/map_county_kilkenny.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

galway, the women there would give a corpse a horn

100%. All these years later alot still have a slightly meditteranean look left over from the Spanish Armada people who landed there.

Too bad Galway itself is a horrific kip mind.

Alot of Fermanagh birds are jaw dropping for some reason. Enniskillen on a good weather Saturday, yid have trouble walking in a pair of tight jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

jumpguy wrote: »
    I'm not from Dublin, but I must say it's crowded with fine women. :D
    Dublin also has the George, The Dragon and the Panti Bar, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Cork - bathed in flames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Caroline Morahan!!!!*

*:eek: Sorry, didn't see the letter o :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

Dublin as we have the most immigrants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

bluto63 wrote: »
    Definitely not Dublin. So many fake tanned, peroxide white hair slappers here it's ridiculous... Out the wesht somewhere I would say

Ah...how shall I brace you bluto for this impending disappointment around your next trip wesht?

Outside of Dublin/Cork - I would say Limerick/Clonmel/Derry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

When it comes to Dublin, I'm not sure on the lokks front to be honest - bit of a mixed bag. But I do like the grading system they use - the larger the diameter of the gold hooy earrings, the more they put out - kinda foolproof:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭powerzjim

cork for me, been all over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

Long Onion wrote: »
    When it comes to Dublin, I'm not sure on the lokks front to be honest - bit of a mixed bag. But I do like the grading system they use - the larger the diameter of the gold hooy earrings, the more they put out - kinda foolproof:D

Plus the ear-ring diameter is directly related to vagina diameter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

well, my theory has always been that as a general rule, the richer people are, the better looking they are. Most of the rich Irish people live in Dublin, D4 etc., and birds from posh areas are generally pretty hot. Successful men with lots of money get the good looking birds, copulate, and produce attractive children. So I'd have to say Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Laois is the only county that doesn't border a county that has a coastline. If that makes sense. Remember getting that question in a tablequiz.

On topic I'd say Carlow. fair few munters as well but the ratio is not that bad:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Strange one here, but Wexford! I reckon i've come across more fine looking shile's there than anywhere else!

Pity about the accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

To be honest, I think given Ireland's shallow gene pool it's pretty much the same everywhere, and it comes down to personal preferences like accent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement