Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PI on Twitter

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Thaedydal wrote: »

I do not think that the abilty for PI/RI to help people was effected none of the op's asked for their threads to be undeleted.

maybe they couldn't figure out how to PM you with anonymity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

The objection was to threads from PI/RI being touted as hot/popular/intresting as away to promote the site via twitter in what looked like but turned out to be not an offically scantioned account and doing so was not the site's policy at the time and it has now been stated is clearly not site policy at all.

This was queried as per offical channels which is apprently the tactful way of doing things and was ignored.

The threads were only soft deleted as a measure to protect the ops and can be undeleted.

I do not think that the abilty for PI/RI to help people was effected none of the op's asked for their threads to be undeleted.

So. Because of nothing the OP had done, they would have to:

Make another thread, prove it is them and ask for their first thread to be undeleted, if they are unregistered

Yeah that makes sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

or deleted. it was you that made that call.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

oh look the same group are gahtering with thier knives, again.
    Where did I put my stab proof vest which I bought the last time this happened.

Gee. It's all fun and games until a mod loses an eye ? At least folk aren't rolling out the cat pictures that are usually rolled out when some poor gobdaw posts his/her feedback issue.

To me it's a bit of a teacup storm - these threads are available in the public domain and trying to reduce their spread is being Canute-like. The canard about twitter's public timeline is just a canard - there are gazillions of tweets flashing through the system so the timeline tends to be ignored.

However it's Dev's site (ultimately) and he has made a decision that he feels is best suited to his ethics and principles.

That is what boards is about - decisions based on principles and ethics and doing what is believed to be the right thing. That can't be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The issue has been resolved, everyone seems happy with the outcome, so this thread has little left to offer the community.

Thaed, "ignored" implies that it was seen and no response given. If you want to discuss you can drop me a PM or we can discuss in the mod forum where it's relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It was not ignored Thaed, get off that cross. It may have been overlooked, at worst.
    You were asked to outline your objection to it by Ross, your next response was last night indicating that it had happened again, the first I heard of it was 11am today and I've consulted with the admins and we've made a decision. Molehill, no need for dramatic mountains.

Twitter is down at the moment so that irishissues poster is unaccessible.

Deleting threads unilaterally (did you consult your co-mods?) was not an acceptible response and was completely OTT.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement