Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help request, resizing/quality

Options
  • 05-08-2009 9:05pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I know nothing about this subject so I thought I'd ask the experts

My football team are to be sponsored by the following company
    Sponsor website

I need a high quality/resolution copy of the company logo to give to our printer so he can reproduce the image on our jerseys.

The logo on the website is the best version I can find but it's too small to be usable.

Resizing the image destroys the quality so again its unusable.

I've asked the company if they have a higher quality version but the only ones they have are even smaller than the original I have.

So I ask you guys Is there a way to resize and keep the quality/sharpness?
    Or would it be possible to recreate a larger version of the image?
    Shading and the like is not required as these are to be printed on football jerseys.

Thanks in advance for any tips,advice or help you can give me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

You could download a trial version of photoshop or Illustrator and simpy redraw the logo. Then save the file as a pdf for the printers. It's pretty straight forward to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Hey man.

There are ways to do it but you are going to lose some sharpness no matter what you do if you want to enlarge the image.

How much larger are you going to make it? If you want you could pm me a copy and I'll see if I can do something with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

I know you said you asked them for it - but seriously.

Ask them for it

If they are sponsoring your football team they should be able to supply you with the logos.

I googled the company and found several Newspaper clips where the logo was part of a Stand in the background.

So someone somewhere has the logo.

Ring them and ask for their designer/branding company/public relations/marketing manager or some one who knows where the logo is.

I have to say it's very bad if someone there doesn't know where the logo is.

They're based in Clondalkin, would it be difficult commute for you to go there during the day and speak with someone there? Some branding company somewhere did their logo.

They also have contact and email info for the UK. Perhaps it was a company over there. Have you contacted the UK branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Some branding company somewhere did their logo.

I highly doubt it, looks like an inhouse job.

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    I highly doubt it, looks like an inhouse job.

Well someone did it somewhere. I've seen worse logos done by branding companies.

Anyway - someone somewhere knows where the logo is.

• Advertisement

looks like it was never a vector, and for jerseys that's going to be a problem

looks like it was never a vector, and for jerseys that's going to be a problem

How could you possibly tell ?

http://www.melt.ie/kn.html

ta da!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite easily, the lines are too jagged (and I don't mean just because of resolution). I would be very surprised if this was a vector originally.

Quite easily, the lines are too jagged (and I don't mean just because of resolution). I would be very surprised if this was a vector originally.

Well Melt.ie have it on stationery. I wouldn't be surprised if it was vector from the start.

agree to disagree. Just because it's blue doesn't make it a 2 colour job.

• Advertisement

agree to disagree. Just because it's blue doesn't make it a 2 colour job.

No I won't agree to disagree, you're wrong. What does the 2 colour job reference have to do with anything?

OP, contact www.melt.ie to get the logo, you might need a letter of reference from KN Network Solutions to obtain the logo for your needs. Or contact the person who the football team got sponsored by in KN Network Solutions and ask them to contact www.melt.ie to get the logo for you.

No I won't agree to disagree, you're wrong.

You have no idea tbh, so leave it as opinion, or you can be arrogant.

You have no idea tbh, so leave it as opinion, or you can be arrogant.

You don't have any either, tbh.

You are wrong though. Arrogant or not, I'm right.

Look at it on the melt website http://www.melt.ie/kn_large.html

Congratulations, I'll stick with my opinion

Stick with it so.

Best of luck.

You're still wrong though.

*shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 10 splash123

Hi,
    It seems like you haven't had much luck with your replys!
    I am a Graphics Designer and I know how hard it is to track down company logos. I don't think you would be able to do anything with the image you have as the print company will look for a vector from you so I think your best bet is to redraw it. I can do that for you, so if you would be interested in working with me, then pm me!
    Good Luck!

Splash if you go back a few pages you'll see that www.melt.ie is the branding company.

The guy is looking to get a logo for his football from the sponsors who are KN Network Solutions.

They should be able to get the vector logo from www.melt.ie, either the sponsor contact or the OP could get it quite easily.

I would just like to say that I saw a KN Network Solutions parked outside our building today. I took a close look at the artwork on the van.

It is vector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 raptor twin

Dont know if this is sorted yet but Vector is the only way to go for this.
    Either redraw it yourself in Illustrator using the rough as a "trace" or phone melt.ie on a friday after lunch and ask for a copy of their vector ai or eps

Advertisement