Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Play Park

Options
  • 05-08-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone 2 quick questions as we are heading to Cork for weekend :
    * is there any childrens park near the City
    * is Eco Restaurant in Douglas anyway child friendly as I've heard the food is great there ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Hi there.

There's a big park in the city center called Fitzgerald's Park, great spot for kids, large green area there too.

As for Eco's, I have eaten there before and it's really lovely. I would assume it is child friendly, the eating area is spacious enough for a buggy and the manager there is really nice.

Hope this helps! Enjoy Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Hi there.

There's a big park in the city center called Fitzgerald's Park, great spot for kids, large green area there too.

Hope this helps! Enjoy Cork!

thanks for that - is that the park at the Grand Parade / South Mall area ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Not really, if you google mardyke walk or western road, you should see the park above it. It's about 10 mins walk from Grand parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

OK . will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Ecos is child friendly but space wise its very tight. Playground in Carrigaline is one of the best around (10 min drive from douglas)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

The playground in Douglas Park (2 mins walk from Ecos, by the church) has been redone not that long ago, it's pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LittleRose

I'm newish to Cork but have been to Eco's in Douglas and they don't have highchairs so if your child is of highchair age, I wouldn't waste the journey. We drove out there one night when our little fella was about 11 months and we tried no less than three restaurants in the vicinity, none of which had highchairs (one did suggest we brought in our car seat! and put him in it). That to me is saying loudly and clearly, babies aren't welcome. And that's fair enough I suppose but it was a pain in the butt that night after driving out and traipsing around, being pregnant and really hungry.

We always take our kids to the Lough to feed the ducks and swans and there is also a little playground there. They love it. But don't bring bread for the wildlife, I think due to a lot of them dying from bottchelism, lettuce or broccoli is de riguer now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

The most child friendly restaurant in Cork is by far and away Scoozi's off Winthrop Street. Plenty of room, high chairs, friendly staff, the food is good standard fare. Free kids drinks aswell plus crayons 4 colouring.

Wound't waste ur time at Eco's if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Amicus in the East Village in Douglas have high chairs. Went there with the wife last Sunday night at 8pm for our first meal out on our own since becoming parents over a year ago...place was full of kids!!! We were not happy as we thought there wouldn't be any young kids out that late at night:mad:

Advertisement