Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unplugging HDMI while downloading.

• 05-08-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

Do downloads keep going if you take the HDMI port out of the 360?
    I see in the connections sticky people are saying that it causes it to reboot or something.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When you take the HDMI out it does reboot your console but if you have background downloads on then i would assume that would kick in anyways if its left off and keep downloading anyways or else when it reboots your download would just continue. Never tried it though so cant be 100% sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Just tried it there myself. It didn't reboot or anything, just continued on as if nothing happened.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Did you plug it back in tho, i think thats when it reboots

Yea i plugged it in and out a few times to check how the download was going. It was exactly the way i left it, just downloaded away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

The HDMI lead just sends the signal to the telly.

It has nothing to do with downloading or power to the xbox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

smooch71 wrote: »
    The HDMI lead just sends the signal to the telly.

It has nothing to do with downloading or power to the xbox

Wrong. Please read up on HDCP and come back when you know what you're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

KTRIC wrote: »
    Wrong. Please read up on HDCP and come back when you know what you're talking about.

So are you telling me I can download games and play the xbox with just the HDMI lead plugged in?

Don't think so.

smooch71 wrote: »
    So are you telling me I can download games and play the xbox with just the HDMI lead plugged in?

Don't think so.

Obviously not. But some people have noticed the xbox rebooting when the HDMI cable is disconnected then re-connected. Thats what we're talking about.
    Maybe they changed it with an update because mine stays paused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

mine restarts when i unplug the video (to component) cable out.

Advertisement