Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comaq Deskpro - Cant find model no.- please help

• 05-08-2009 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

We have a computer and want to upfrade with some RAM.

Can't go on-line to scan system through crucial , to find out exactly what type it takes .

We know that it is a Compaq Deskpro , but the label is worn , and we want to find out if it is a 600 or 800 or whatever .

Does anyone know how to find out without going on-line .

Have been in device manager , but it does not say .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

To find out the type of RAM: Open the computer. Look at the RAM. It will most likely have markings. Buy similar RAM.

or copy Belarc Advisor to disc and run it on the PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Thanks Karoma...........I did'nt actually give you the full story.

AT the moment the computer is in Clare and and I am in Wexford .( Cant open it just yet )

This is why I ask if it is possible to find out through computer , the type of RAM installed .

I want to check how much a stick would cost me on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

(Assuming it's Windows) Get someone to right-click on My Computer -> Properties. It may state it there.

Otherwise,
    Start menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
    System Tools -> System Information
    Double-click on "Hardware Resources"
    Click on "Memory".

Or get them to look for a manual or CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Go into the BIOS, might give you the info u need

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Cpu-z go to the spd heading

• Advertisement
Advertisement