Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 09 Online

• 05-08-2009 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Alright lads and lasses first time Fifa online player here.

I logged on to Xbox Live to play Fifa tonight, thinking I'd be alright to start at the deep end of online play, but the step up in class from a normal game with mates or against the computer is unreal.

I played 7 games only winning two and both of the wins came from people leaving the game. My connection went down in two games and all so I fear I already have some bad Rep, is there any way to rectify this?

A question about the skill level: How is this made higher? I've seen people with a massive amount of points have a terrible skill level.

Also what tips would you give me so that I can turn around my ridiculous stats on Fifa after just one nights gaming.

All help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

A lot of people have custom teams and edited players on xbox live. You'd be better off playing against some friends who won't be up to those kind of shenanigans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Around last August they started giving ~20-30 points per game instead of ~80 or 120...If you played FIFA 07 or 08 online regularly, thats how you see people who have like 100,000+ points in-game. Just because you have a big EASW score, doesn't mean your any good. It could mean you played 08 to death, but hardly every play 09.

Play some unranked games before you dive straight into ranked and make sh!t of your record... thats probably a good idea. Also, on the screen where you pick your teams, if you see someone has picked say, Leeds and they have a 5 star team, you know they've edited the squads and you'll be playing against Torres, Messi and Ronaldo instead of the actual Leeds side.

Another good idea is to check the attack, midfield and defense stats on the same screen. If somebody has edited a 5 star team, you can't tell by star rating. if their attack, midfield or defense is 88 or above, they've edited the squads. Theres no point playing against someone with edited squads when your starting off as they'll win on the basis they have the best players in the game and until you play a good bit, they'll just win on the basis of the team they pick.

People generally quit if you go a couple of goals up. Try not to do a mad long celebration either as thats more likely to make them quit. Press RB and LB at the same time to skip the manual celebration or do a quick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,313 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

anyone know how to do that edited team thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Liam O wrote: »
    anyone know how to do that edited team thing?

Lol. Don't be a cheater. There's enough of them on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

im looking for a few good people to play against. tired of the jokes you play in ranked matches.

what are you guys gt's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

The EASW points are for all EA sports games so it doesnt technically mean your good at fifa. Win as much matches as possible and score as much as possible to better your skill level.

The bad rep ony your xbox live GT cannot be changed unless someone gives you good rep but either way i dont think it really makes a difference to you or the game. Sure i have 71% avoided rep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

i have played a little fifa 09 online but got sick of people quitting, add me, gamertag: paddybthelegend
    but be warned, no quitting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

wong wrote: »
    im looking for a few good people to play against. tired of the jokes you play in ranked matches.

what are you guys gt's?

Mines in my sig.Add me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

I logged on to Xbox Live to play Fifa tonight, thinking I'd be alright to start at the deep end of online play, but the step up in class from a normal game with mates or against the computer is unreal.

I played 7 games only winning two and both of the wins came from people leaving the game. My connection went down in two games and all so I fear I already have some bad Rep, is there any way to rectify this?

A question about the skill level: How is this made higher? I've seen people with a massive amount of points have a terrible skill level.

Also what tips would you give me so that I can turn around my ridiculous stats on Fifa after just one nights gaming.

I'm a newb aswel my GT is eddied23 i don't have edited teams either anyone feel free to add me for a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

Lads, rather than post a new thread, could someone help me out here?

Years ago on other EA games (NBA and NHL) there were two custom teams, where you could select who you wanted for said teams. Myself and the brothers used to do drafts and play against one another. Can you do this in FIFA09? Would love it if you could- could have some great games when the lads call over!:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nope..no can do...

I'd love a legends game.
    Every player from the start of the premiership plus the all time greats in other countries.
    Players like Best/Pele/Stoickov/Shearer/Klinsman and all the rest of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

When I started playing, I noticed it was through ball after through ball, so I play a 5-3-2 to eliminate this a fair bit and switch up my custom tatics to alter how high my team plays up and how aggressive they are. Two good fast wing backs and I haven't looked back. I've now a good win percentage and thats down to tatics. Some may say 5-3-2 is negative but its not. I score as many if not more with this formation and concede less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

hey, just let you guys know I have added ye. I am Cranksnipe411

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

And for the record PES && Fifa Forum ;)

Advertisement