Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hook Head cc please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Very Fine series of shots indeed.

Just on the 'prime' photo- the one with the daisies in the foreground.

I would ask the question - what was your intention as a photographer in taking that shot -and did you deliver to the camera the image you had perceived?

The daisies look a bit tired (you cannot do anything about that) but the lighthouse looks in this photo like an accidental hindrance - rather than a key component- but maybe that is the way you wanted it?

Dropping down the fstops and giving a bit more of a strategic position and space to the l/house could have altered the image significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FatimaKid

keps wrote: »
    Very Fine series of shots indeed.

Just on the 'prime' photo- the one with the daisies in the foreground.

I would ask the question - what was your intention as a photographer in taking that shot -and did you deliver to the camera the image you had perceived?

The daisies look a bit tired (you cannot do anything about that) but the lighthouse looks in this photo like an accidental hindrance - rather than a key component- but maybe that is the way you wanted it?

Dropping down the fstops and giving a bit more of a strategic position and space to the l/house could have altered the image significantly.

Keps,

Thanks for the cc.

Yep, the daisy shot was very much a rushed shot (driver was sitting in the car, blowing the horn as she had to get back to Dublin) - I did take a few more of this shot but they were not as 'good' as this one. For some reason I liked this one even though it's not great. No, it did not deliver what I had hoped but I didn't have time to correct the composition as I was on my way back to the car before I got a chance to view it.

I'm a newbie and this was the first time I got a chance to make photographs that I wanted to have cc'ed. I appreciate your comments. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

BTW

Just in case there is a misunderstanding -I think the daisy shot is really good.

The point I was making - was it the shot you had in your mind.

Keep up the great creative work.

keps

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FatimaKid

Keps,

I had in mind a shot that focused on the daisies but that also had the l/house in the background. I knew the l/house would not be in focus (that would have been another day's work and with all that horn-blowing going on...well, I rushed) but I did not have the time to frame the shot so the l/house would have been positioned other than where it ended up.

So, was this the shot I intended? Yes and no. More than anything else, this shot was a technical experiment under time pressure. If I'd had the time I would have taken the shot from different angles and maybe had a go at keeping both the lighthouse and the daisies in focus. As it was, all I could do was take roughly the same shot using several different settings and this one ended up a keeper.

Thanks again for the cc.

Advertisement