Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 101 ESPN sky 417 @ 2.30am Sunday

Options
  • 06-08-2009 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

UFC 101 starting 2.30am Sunday on SKY 417 ESPN.

Suscription required, but I heard an interview with Dana saying he was trying to get the fight for free.. doesnt look like it as yet.

Im gonna give Sky a call and find out if its gonna be a free view.

BUT anyone else any info if its free or not?.. save me a call and an hour of my life on hold!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The fact that it's 2:30 is interesting! Its normally 3. I wonder will there be any ESPN build up deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

is espn on NTL?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

C'mon Dana get it free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    is espn on NTL?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The fact that it's 2:30 is interesting! Its normally 3. I wonder will there be any ESPN build up deal?

the last ufc was on in a differant time zone(vegas, west coast this one is on in philidelphia, east coast)i was hoping it would be on a bit earleir to compensate the time zone change but evidently not.

i'd say they will show the primetime show(build-up) for the half hour before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rugger7

The UFC website said ESPN was going to be free for it's first month in the UK & Eire. But I don't think we'll have such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terry_s

got a quote from sky at 16 euro a month for ESPN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

terry_s wrote: »

I think its €12 if you already have the Sky Sports package, which is a very good deal when you compare the price you would pay just for PPVs alone on Sky Sports. With UFC and college football ESPN might be worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

terry_s wrote: »

interesting as i was quoted 12 euro with sky sports and 15 euro without

cmb. wrote: »
    interesting as i was quoted 12 euro with sky sports and 15 euro without

It is definately €16 without Sky Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I think its €12 if you already have the Sky Sports package, which is a very good deal when you compare the price you would pay just for PPVs alone on Sky Sports. With UFC and college football ESPN might be worth getting.

College football? do you work for espn....poor value compared to the old setanta package. Unfortunately we have no choice if we want to watch UFC.

Worse yet NTL have dropped the ball yet again and it wont be available for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terry_s

Wife told me 16 maybe she got it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah, €12 with and €16 without!

Its a great deal. I was paying €21 for Setanta for the EPL, UFC and Yank Sports, now i get em for half price!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

the last ufc was on in a differant time zone(vegas, west coast this one is on in philidelphia, east coast)i was hoping it would be on a bit earleir to compensate the time zone change but evidently not.

They always run their shows at the same time. Otherwise they'd end up with shows starting at 1am on the east coast. The west coast is used to plenty of other stuff airing early, so they can't be too put out by the 7pm starting time for UFC shows

I can't see as many people subscribing to ESPN as they did to Setanta. I wonder how that will affect the UFC

Fozzy wrote: »
    I can't see as many people subscribing to ESPN as they did to Setanta. I wonder how that will affect the UFC

They have found their way into a lot of the Virgin subscribers homes so that is a lot of potential viewers there already. I don't know if it is just me but I have seen absolutely 0 promotion for the channel. That cannot help subscriber figures.

I haven't seen anything proper either. If it weren't for UFC and fantasy football I wouldn't have a clue ESPN was coming over here. It would be cheaper than Setanta, but I bet there not gonna show any Celtic league or 7's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

Jaysoose wrote: »
    College football? do you work for espn....poor value compared to the old setanta package. Unfortunately we have no choice if we want to watch UFC.

Worse yet NTL have dropped the ball yet again and it wont be available for the weekend.

Whats wrong with football?

I dont know for sure as I never had Setanta but another poster there said it cost more than ESPN. Also when you compare prices to the PPV's that Sky do such as boxing and wrestling (which normally cost around €21.00) then €12.00 is pretty good when you take into consideration the other sports on the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I've got it in, cheaper than setanta and espn are known to be good for boxing too, great..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

How soon do you get the channels on your telly once you rang them?

Ring them afew minutes. Website can take a few days. If you are going to call them be sure to ask for the €7 refund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

rovert wrote: »
    How soon do you get the channels on your telly once you rang them?

they said 9-24 hours but i got it within a few mins..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Nice.... Just added ESPN for the 16 yo yo's... thats not a bad deal

Cant wait for Sunday !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Theyre gonna have to announce something soon with ntl/chorus digital :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Ring them afew minutes. Website can take a few days. If you are going to call them be sure to ask for the €7 refund

What is this €7 refund i keep hearing about? You just have to ask them for €7 off and they give it to you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Come on UPC - get the finger out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

pretty annoyed that after following UFC best part of a decade, inc attending a few live events, this is the first event ill have to wait until a download goes up. that can be a mission in itself at the best of times
    i've chorus at home and i honestly think its a missed opportunity on their part. Last year I cancelled sky sports but actually managed to watch more football matches online (albeit at lesser quality). Watching the UFC on live streams isnt something i'd like to depend on but who knows i might even find it as easy to download the events from here on out and forego any ESPN subscription
    biggest trouble will be avoiding results :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

pretty annoyed that after following UFC best part of a decade, inc attending a few live events, this is the first event ill have to wait until a download goes up. that can be a mission in itself at the best of times
    i've chorus at home and i honestly think its a missed opportunity on their part. Last year I cancelled sky sports but actually managed to watch more football matches online (albeit at lesser quality). Watching the UFC on live streams isnt something i'd like to depend on but who knows i might even find it as easy to download the events from here on out and forego any ESPN subscription
    biggest trouble will be avoiding results :(

Watch it live on yahoo, very good quality,or on ufc.com think its $44.99

Anyone know if ESPN will be showing the Carano v Cyborg fight? I think it's unlikely but just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Tones69 wrote: »
    Watch it live on yahoo, very good quality,or on ufc.com think its $44.99

Is is definetely available on yahoo.com?

It says "not available in the UK", so I assumed that meant here too...

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What is this €7 refund i keep hearing about? You just have to ask them for €7 off and they give it to you?

Sign up online and you get €7 off for the first month. Some have had problems doing this and asked for it on the phone when ordering and were given it.

Advertisement