Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what broadband

Options
  • 06-08-2009 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

hay!
    just wondering which broadband would be best for me to get i had digiweb not sure what it was called but was getting close to 6mb was very happy with it but found it was getting dear over 50 quid for it and i was looking at chorus? and they have a 10 mb 1 for 30 was thinking of getting that but decided to try 3 mobile "braodband" and so far am not happy with it at all i had an idea to expect it to be bad but this bad i dont think it claims 7.2 mb but the most i got so far was 0.40 i wouldnt mind so bad if it could reach at least 3.mb also if there is any other suggestions it cant need a phone line and am in navan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Have been using NTL/Chorus/UPC, whatever you like to call em, for 3 yrs with no issues. Its reliable and good speeds. Was getting 9Mb last night.
    What are you checking your speed with?
    Try this http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Whatever you do, DO NOT go with Irish Broadband! Seriously, the worst broadband service available.

I'm hopefully switching next week as well. Most likely UPC, the look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Bono Vox wrote: »
    Whatever you do, DO NOT go with Irish Broadband! Seriously, the worst broadband service available.

I'm hopefully switching next week as well. Most likely UPC, the look good.

I 2nd that, they are completely useless. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

kgpixels wrote: »
    Have been using NTL/Chorus/UPC, whatever you like to call em, for 3 yrs with no issues. Its reliable and good speeds. Was getting 9Mb last night.
    What are you checking your speed with?
    Try this http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php

i have been using speedtest.net my pc keeps blocking that site for some reason i dont really understand i am now more than likley to get upc thanks for the help people

Advertisement